Our client is looking for an Advisor, Retirement, Benefits & Wellness that will manage all aspects related to retirement programs, benefits programs (Canadian and Expats), stock purchase plans, and wellness. Responsibilities include managing policy, advisory, planning, communication, governance and regulatory compliance and vendor relationships.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties (3 – 4 maximum)
Key Area: Retirement Programs
- Provide advisory on policy interpretations relating to various retirement and benefits programs; DC pension plan, RRSP, Canadian benefits, expat benefits, etc.
- Liaison with program providers to ensure expected service levels and interact with consultants, auditors and government agencies.
- Participation in periodic meetings of the Pension Plan Committees for non-unionized and unionized employees.
- Ensure compliance of information and maintain records related to the pension plan as delegated by the pension plan committee.
- Prepare required reports, analysis, communications and recommendations.
- Perform pension administration and coordinate incoming routine pension request, both internally and with external service providers.
- Administer benefits: maintaining accurate data on benefits, reporting changes on a weekly basis, verifying and preparing monthly bills for payment, and the communication of information about benefits to employees.
- Responsible for the compliance of inputs and outputs related to the benefits management; interact with sites when required.
Key Area: Wellness Programs
- Assist in the development of a wellness program that supports the needs of employees globally.
- Plan, implement and evaluate wellness program initiatives with the corporate wellness committee.
- Oversee site wellness initiatives by facilitating the wellness ambassadors’ network and ensuring the information is shared globally.
- Research innovative wellness initiatives and best practices, with consideration to the employee population.
- Provide wellness dashboard to key stakeholders on a periodic basis.
Key Area: Employee Data Management
- Responsible for employee data governance and management policy, and related processes.
- Produce integrity reports to validate EBS data on a monthly basis. Send errors reports to EBS Site Users for updating with the correct data information.
- Partner with HR and IT Team to identify inefficient processes and errors, and develop a targeted action plan with best practices in a mindset of continuous improvement.
Key Area: Stock Purchase Plan
- Coordinate the monthly processes for terminations and employee data changes.
- Partner with sites and Corporate HR on new enrollment and changes.
- On a monthly basis, balance and verify invoices and provide for approval.
- Process the forfeiture account activities on a quarterly basis.
- Act as a global subject matter expert for the program, answer questions and explain the program to the HR teams at sites.
- Act as the primary contact with the external provider; facilitate monthly meetings.
- Process the small balance push-outs on an annual basis.
Safety & Sustainability Expectations
Maintain a cooperative and respectful interest in health and safety, sustainability, community engagement and relevant stakeholder relationships. At all times, ensure that sustainable development is a priority by being compliant with relevant laws and regulations, procedures, instructions and health and safety requirements at all sites. Be aware, observe, report and ensure correction of any condition or dangerous situations. Demonstrate leadership in sustainable development and health and safety by continuously adopting and demonstrating a good example.
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree preferable in Human Resources/Business; designation in benefits/pension is an asset (e.g. CEBS, GBA, RPA).
- 5-8 years of retirement & benefits programs experience.
- Sound knowledge and expertise in pension and benefits administration.
- Bilingual English/French is required, along with strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proactive and energetic customer service orientation with awareness to issues of equity and diversity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively across various business units.
- Project coordination with mine site HR, Legal, Finance. Manage regular activities and service level with various outside providers.
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 205