Our client is behind the most trusted land and sea simulators in the industry.
Our client builds simulation-based solutions to help their clients design advanced equipment and
prepare for skilled operations. Through its platform, our client provides capabilities
for training simulators, mission rehearsal, serious games, virtual prototyping, and testing. Today,
our client is the leading vendor for simulation-based training in the construction and port
With over 1,000 simulators in 30 countries, their markets are global.
Their software R&D team is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join them. The individual will be responsible for working on the continuous development of their software platform. The
platform is used to develop simulators for training operators and mission planning in
different domains such as heavy equipment for construction, ports, mining, as well as robots,
remotely operated vehicles, submarines, and more. The platform is used for their own immersive
training simulators as well as by external customers.
Your professional background is from software development of real-time applications, games,
or simulation engine development, with an interest in software architectural patterns and
Role and Responsibilities:
● Join a team of agile developers
● Contribute to the development of the Platform’s applications and tools.
● Collaborate in a cross-functional group of software developers, mechanical engineers,
level designers, and QA specialists
● Implement features related to:
● Integration of 3rd parties hardware, such as controls (USB, CANopen) and
motion platforms (D-Box).
● Integration of 3rd parties software, such as Unity engine.
● Network communication for distributed simulation, remote debugging, and with
our Cloud platform.
● Installation, licensing, and deployment of software and content packages.
● The overall architecture of the platform.
● Participate in the whole pipeline of feature development:
● Scope and estimate tasks with the team.
● Propose, discuss, and review designs with the team.
● Coach junior developers to good practices.
● Code features and related tests.
● Review your own code changes and those of other developers with pull requests.
● Provide end-user documentation.
● Diploma in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
● Minimum of 7 years of experience in software development and commercial applications
● Expert in C++ and object-oriented programming.
● Expert knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
● Experience in developing real-time, 3D, video games or simulation applications.
● Understanding of software quality assurance principles.
● Strong sense of responsibility and commitment.
● Good communication skills.
● Knowledge of scripting tools, Python in particular.
● Knowledge of the C# programming language.
● Knowledge of the Qt software development framework.
● Experience with game engines such as Unity.
● Experience with Agile / Scrum methodologies.
● Bilingual in French & English.
ID – 7914
Associée / Consultante sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 202