Our client is a true global company with more than 110,000 employees working on all continents. The company develops and manufactures 2D/3D inspection and metrology equipment for the semiconductor industry. The products are used worldwide by market leaders in the industry.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an ambitious young professional as an application specialist of automated industrial machines. These machines, using our home-developed software and hardware with special optics, mechanics, and electronics, are used for 2D/3D inspection and metrology of semiconductor wafers and substrates. The candidate should be a dynamic, work dedicated, and self-motivated person with excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills. He/she will work with professionals and experts in the fields of software engineering, optics, electromechanics, robotics, database, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. The application specialist will interact with the general manager of optical business development, the CTO, the engineering team, the sales team, the CS team, and the customers. His/her main responsibilities are:
- Review feature requirements of machine software and hardware.
- Conduct module and system tests of machines and analyze test data to evaluate performance of new machines as well as improvement of the existing machines.
- QA and signing off on production scanner head.
- Report SW bugs, HW issues, and propose improvements.
- Test customer samples, analyze test data, and provide test reports.
- Do demos remotely and/or on site to show how to use our machines.
- Produce and review training materials, train sales teams and customers to use our machines.
- Provide technical support to sales teams to sell our machines.
- Support field engineers and technicians to troubleshoot and resolve machine and/or application issues.
- Support customers on how to use our machines properly to get the best outputs when inspecting their samples.
- Work with customers to develop new applications for our machines.
- Propose and contribute to new machine and/or feature development.
- Evening meetings with teams at different time zones.
- Other duties as required and requested by management.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor or higher degree in physics, optics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science/engineering, or any related fields. Experienced candidates with a college or equivalent degree/diploma will also be considered.
- Advanced computer proficiency and skilled user of MS Excel, PPT, and Word.
- Experience and knowledge of JMP software is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of remote computer connection.
- Basic knowledge in software engineering, computer programming, and database.
- General knowledge of laser, optics, industrial camera, mechanics, electric, and electronics.
- Knowledge of semiconductor wafer and substrate is a plus.
- Experience of automated optical inspection of semiconductor wafers/substrates is an asset.
- Familiarity with using Jira is a plus.
- Travel to customer site (Asia).
- Problem solving and optimization ability.
- Willing to learn new things and a quick learner.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high expectations.
- Willing to do hands-on work.
- Proactive and result driven.
- Task and customer oriented.
- Organized and rigorous.
- Skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Great team player and positive personality.
- Communicate efficiently and clearly.
- Japanese and/or Chinese language skill is a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Junior Recruiting Consultant