Our client, a well established video game studio in Montreal, is currently looking for an Art Director. This person will be responsible for defining, communicating and maintaining the artistic vision of a game.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to define a strong artistic vision that will strengthen and enhance the creative direction, story and design of the game;
- Works with studio directors, managers and producers, to ensure the best visual and artistic quality possible ;
- Create art for the game itself, from concept to marketing;
- Support, inspire and coach artists and colleagues, providing clear, thoughtful direction and feedback on their work;
- Help recruit and welcome artists into the gaming teams;
- Support the various user test groups with tools that will allow us to understand better the public’s reactions to our products;
- Ensure that visual quality is understood by external partners (web team, marketing and outsourcing).
Desired skills :
- Experience of 5 years + as artistic director in video games industry;
- Positive leader with the ability to articulate ideas and inspire the team;
- College or university degree in 2D/3D art or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge and ability to communicate in both written and spoken English;
- Wide range of knowledge on art, visual communication and design principles;
- Excellent practical artistic skills: From previewing, conceptualization, color correction, to polishing;
- Highly developed creative mind to develop new innovative concepts and create new worlds;
- Good sense of responsibility, constraints and production schedules;
- Ability to clearly share one’s own artistic vision and to work as a team member;
- Ability to think synthetically and analytically;
- Experience on a mobile project (strong asset).
Stéphanie Le Blanc