Located in Ottawa
Our client specializes in sectors such as the environment, energy, infrastructure, water treatment, construction, energy efficiency, industrial and mining engineering, telecommunications, earth sciences, materials engineering, project management and construction.
With a pan-Canadian presence, this firm relies on the values of innovation, respect, collaboration, and integrity to surround itself with the best talent in the pursuit of its mission.
As Assistant Department Manager for the Geotechnical Department you will :
– Provide leadership to projects under his/her responsibility in collaboration with the Department Head by coordinating and supervising technical and administrative activities and assigned professionals and technical teams;
– Perform and supervise the design of plans and specifications and the execution of geotechnical studies from guidelines for a wide variety of transportation, industrial resources, site development, commercial and industrial land projects;
– Prepare geotechnical reports for a variety of projects (commercial, industrial or residential developments, transportation, industrial resources, utilities, building foundations, slope stability analysis, geotechnical expertise);
– Design plans and specifications for earthworks, slope stabilization, bank protection, etc.
– Prepare bids and proposals for services;
– Ensure compliance with established budgets and schedules;
– Ensure effective communication with clients on the progress of the work;
– Ensure the administrative follow-up of its files.
Your qualities and experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or geological engineering;
– Member of the Ontario Order with seal or eligible for registration;
– Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec with seal or eligible for registration;
– Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in geotechnical investigation and/or design;
– Valid driver’s license;
– Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team;
– Autonomy and resourcefulness;
– Very good written and spoken French.
We offer you:
Do you want an environment that allows you to diversify your skills and progress in your career? Do you want to contribute to the growth of a Quebec-based organization that carries out exciting projects? If so, this opportunity could be for you!
– Competitive salary;
– Contribution to a retirement savings plan;
– Group insurance program;
– Reimbursement of professional dues;
– Telecommuting policy;
– Friday afternoons off;
– Ongoing training;
– Career development opportunities;
– Stimulating work environment and projects.
Senior Recruitment Consultant