The Business Analyst, Transportation designs, implements and supports business processes within the supply chain teams and ensures that they deliver the value expected by the organization in a continuous improvement perspective. He uses his knowledge and experience in supply chain management to support the management team in the development and implementation of the business vision. He/she actively contributes to the optimization of the transportation function by analyzing business opportunities to improve the customer experience offered as well as the internal efficiency of the operational teams.
- Lead the definition and prioritization of business requirements to achieve the Transportation function’s objectives based on value, risk and effort;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business context, customer requirements and work environments of the teams involved in the mandate;
- Provide leadership in the design, documentation, testing, implementation, training and coaching of the transformed supply chain processes;
- Monitor business process performance by contributing to the creation of dashboards using business intelligence tools to identify sources of non-performance;
- Act as a business expert in the analysis and resolution of problems by proposing concrete, effective solutions adapted to the context, while ensuring that the processes evolve in a compatible and effective manner;
- Ensure coordination of efforts with analysts from other business units in the development of solutions, particularly in the definition of requirements, testing phases and analysis of impacts on existing processes;
- Develop a business partner relationship with managers in order to influence operational teams in the development and use of best practices;
- Demonstrate a high sense of autonomy and prioritization by ensuring close communication with colleagues and manager.
Factors for success
- Technical background: Your bachelor’s degree in operations management, logistics or administration (or equivalent), combined with your 3 to 5 years of experience in process analysis, allow you to understand the current challenges of the supply chain in a context of rapid growth;
- SAP Expertise: Your experience with SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) and/or Materials Management (MM) and/or Transportation Management (TM) modules is an asset;
- Analytical skills: You have the ability to conceive and analyze complex situations and to come up with customer-oriented solutions that are simple and adapted to the business context;
- Business partner: You always opt for a collaborative and solution-oriented approach. Your interpersonal skills and your advice following your analyses are highly appreciated since you favour communication and exchanges with your collaborators in the achievement of your objectives;
- Rigor and autonomy: You have a concern for work well done and pay attention to fine details in a context of high autonomy;
- Dynamic work environment: You are comfortable and resilient in a fast-paced, regularly changing work environment;
- Bilingualism: You are bilingual and fluent in both French and English.
- A Quebec-based company with a national scope;
- Opportunity to grow in a rapidly expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Complete range of benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and telecommuting (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
Recruitment Consultant - industrial and engineering