Our client is constantly working to create innovative and exciting experiences for players around the world. To this end, while the company continues to focus on creating strong and narrative individual player titles, they are also placing greater emphasis on online experiences. Thanks to the inherent interactivity of online gaming, their worlds will have the chance to flourish both now and in the future. To achieve this, our client is putting in place the teams and tools to support their ambitions.
- Define processes and best practices on numerous systems such as modural character creation, cloth simulation and fur;
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve visual effect production challenges around characters;
- Research an innovative visual and technical point of view in dealing with process and pipeline creation;
- Document processes and procedures thoroughly;
- Work closely with the technical director, debug and evaluate new tools;
- Supply a technical direction and instruction to the other artists or the organizers;
- Oversee and correct the production of characters made with our external partners.
Experience and technical skills required:
- University or college diploma in 2D and 3D Art, or equivalent training;
- 3 years and more of experience as a real time 3D Artist (Character Artist, Model Artist, Rigger, Technical Artist/Animator); or experience as a programmer (with strong interest and knowledge for arts).
- Preferably 1 AAA title on current new generation consoles.
- Knowledge intermediate to expert with Maya
- Knowledge of Photoshop or Substance;
- Knowledge of profiling (PIX, hardware);
- Knowledge of grooming systems;
- Knowledge of cloths, muscles or dynamics simulation systems;
- Knowledge or experience with node-base shader systems;
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages an asset (C#, C++, Python, .Net, Mel, etc.);
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Demonstrate leadership and a sense of responsibility;
- Have a good ability to express ideas;
- Focus on achieving superior results;
- Be a strong team player;
- Have an analytical and synthetical mindset;
- Able to adapt to changes and work under pressure while respecting agreed deadlines.
Motivation and interests:
- Passion and ambition for videogames are essential!
Stéphanie Le Blanc