In addition to the mines in operation, our client also has many promising projects and is continually evaluating its growth opportunities. The company offers a warm and human work environment where work-life balance is combined with performance and self-improvement. We are looking for new talent to join their innovative and daring team.
Under the supervision of the Superintendent of Technical Services Mine, the Chief Mining Engineer :
- Leads the mining engineering team to achieve underground mine production goals in a
- Works closely with the various departments to achieve the mining plan;
- Supervises the design of mining standards and plans and specifications related to the underground operation;
- Ensures that short, medium and long term objectives are met;
- Participates and supervises the development of the long term plan and mining reserves;
- Participates in the development of operational budgets;
- Controls costs and optimizes processes;
- Supervises the surveying, ventilation, backfilling and work organization activities of his subordinates in accordance with the company’s health and safety and sustainable development principles;
- Acts as a mentor to technicians and engineers and participates in their professional development;
- Ensures the promotion of and compliance with policies, standards and principles in his/her sector.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering (BAC)
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience;
- Be a member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Master software such as AutoCAD, Promine, Deswick and the Office suite;
- Possess the Mining Worker Modular Training (FMTM 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7) and a valid General Explosives Permit;
- Have excellent organizational, interpersonal and priority management skills, good communication skills, both verbal and written, and is a team player;
- Have health and safety and teamwork as core values in the workplace;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
Why our client?
- A family and human work environment
- Competitive employment conditions
- Human and shared values
- Flexible and varied work schedules
- Numerous and stimulating challenges
- The possibility of reconciling work, family and studies
- A work ethic and high standards
- A prime location
Province of Quebec
Associé principal / Consultant sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 201