As a member of the leadership team, the CTO acts as a catalyser to create and build an innovative technological vision for the Studio, aligned with trends and best practices, to better enable the business vision.
- Create and implement the technology vision and strategies of the enterprise;
- Research any new technologies that may potentially increase our company’s competitive advantage;
- Align the company’s technology resources with the organization’s short- and long-term goals;
- Create a timeline for development and deployment of technology services;
- Serve on the executive committee to align technology goals to other departmental and organizational objectives;
- Identify what technologies can be used to improve the company’s products and services;
- Plan and oversee the implementation of technologies to support development for new gaming platforms;
- Innovate by finding solutions that will help the company in pursuing its objectives;
- Work in close collaboration with the other Tech groups;
- Oversee IT operations by establishing schedules and work priorities according to strengths on the IT Teams
- Stay abreast with the technologies/softwares provided by the company, across all studios, in order to be able to identify any possible optimizations.
Other Responsibilities :
- Create and oversee high-level KPIs for IT department;
- Assist in recruiting, onboarding and training IT managers ;
- Keep track of IT budgets in order to update the performance of technology.
Experience & Qualifications:
- BSc or BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or another similar field;
- MBA or similarly relevant graduate degree would be an asset;
- Previous work experience as a Chief Technology Officer or another similar leadership role;
- Able to conduct research and analyses of technologies;
- Knowledge of technology trends, excellent knowledge of technological constraints on the different gaming platforms;
- Understanding of business strategy and planning;
- Comprehension of budgets;
- Must be available to travel;
- Minimum 5 years experience in the video game industry;
- At least 10 years of related experience.
Technical Skills :
- Excellent knowledge of C, C ++, C#, framework, .net and Unreal;
- Experience with plugins / scripting, 3ds Max/Maya is a major asset;
- Thorough knowledge of game engines.
Interpersonal Qualities :
- Strategic thinker;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities;
- Ability to organize and manage the work of other programmers;
- Ability to be a team player;
- A desire to push the barriers of technology in video games is required;
- The maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- Be a good communicator.
Possibility of long-term remote work.
514-658-5867, ext 203