This is a telecommuting job!
Our client is looking for people who can be effective without supervision. To be successful in your role, you must collaborate and communicate effectively asynchronously with maximum autonomy and minimum supervision.
Our client works with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and has a fully automated development pipeline to deploy updates continuously. Reporting to the CTO, the Senior Cloud Architect is responsible for maintaining and evolving the Cloud infrastructure.
- Develop and evolve our cloud infrastructure to support our growing ecosystem;
- Design and deploy systems to ensure highly available and fail-safe quality of service;
- Adhere to security best practices and industry standards;
- Enhance our automation, monitoring and diagnostic tools to enable the technical team to be proactive about risks to both agents and infrastructure components, such as SQL servers, VPC networks, load balancers and VMs. Our architecture uses Google Cloud but we want to move to AWS eventually;
- Ensure continuous improvement in service quality and availability;
- Support the teams in improving and automating our development/deployment process at all stages including testing, staging and promotion to production;
- Optimize the architecture and components in production by identifying bottlenecks to ensure optimal performance;
- Coordinate the disaster recovery plan and participate in the planning and testing of recovery procedures;
- Monitor and optimize infrastructure costs;
- Participate in our on-call rotation in collaboration with the entire technical team.
The ideal candidate profile has:
- The ability to work in a telecommuting mode on a permanent basis – Our team uses tools like Slack and Google Meet;
- 5+ years of experience in a transaction-intensive SQL or Big Data environment;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a cloud infrastructure for a growing organization, preferably with strong Terraform experience;
- Experience with ‘Container’ technologies, such as Kubernetes;
- A thorough understanding of database management systems (DBMS), including MySQL database systems and storage products on GCP and AWS in a distributed architecture context;
- Extensive experience with database replication, mirroring and transaction logging;
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring systems, such as New Relic for databases, network components and highly distributed web applications;
- Strengths : familiarity with GCP and AWS cloud products;
- Expertise in database disaster planning and recovery;
- Experience working with load testing tools;
- Proficiency with virtual collaborative work tools such as Google Workspace, GMail, Google Drive, GitLab, Slack and JIRA;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in French and English.
You must also have the necessary setup to perform your job, this includes:
- A webcam of reasonable quality to participate in team video conferences. We want to see you!
- A headset and a suitable environment to chat with your colleagues via Google Meet or Slack ;
- Stable Internet connection of a minimum of 15 mbps.
Benefits of working with us
- Participate in the development of a product that makes a difference!
- A great and passionate team of mostly seniors!
- 100% telecommuting with flexible hours ideal for young families
- Flat organization with a dynamic start-up atmosphere
- Competitive salary: $75,000 to $125,000/year
- State-of-the-art and up-to-date software tools.
Do you recognize yourself in this position? You meet most of the criteria without being an expert? Are you interested in rolling up your sleeves and taking on this challenge? We would like to meet you!
Recruitment Consultant - IT