Our client, a start up located in Sherbrooke in the field of renewable energy, is currently looking for a CTO to join its growing team of about ten employees.
The CTO will be a key person in the organization and will work in close partnership with the founding president. He or she will be responsible for completing the technological development of the product and putting it into production. He will contribute to the strengthening of the current corporate culture, the implementation of an organizational structure to complete the commercialization process and the improvement of strategic planning.
- Management of product development teams & testing team;
- Technology watch in the marine sector and implementation of best practices to optimize products;
- Lead the company’s intellectual property strategy;
- Participate with the management committee in the company’s strategic thinking (growth objectives, profitability, vision, mission, values, corporate culture, business development, etc.);
- Management of the continuous improvement of the company through the creation and implementation of process improvement tools such as performance indicators, information tools (e.g. spec sheet, KPI);
- Participate with senior management in the planning of the development process from prototype to finished product;
- Participate in the growth of the technical teams as well as in the company’s expansion project.
Skills & Assets :
- 10 to 12 years of experience in the development of mechanical equipment, vehicles or boats;
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or industrial engineering;
- Experience in strategic planning in SME/start-up or similar experience;
- Open to international travel;
- Experience in management, recruitment and team building;
- Ability to lead and inspire your team;
- Ability to research and analyze information relevant to their industry and communicate it to the appropriate individuals;
- Entrepreneurial personality comfortable taking risks in ambiguous situations;
- Ability to translate strategic alignments into objectives and actions;
- Ability to translate strategic alignments into objectives and actions; Good organization and schedule planning;
- Ability to correctly evaluate various issues and make appropriate decisions to resolve them;
- Ability to set up and analyze various performance indicators and information tools (e.g. spec sheet and KPIs).
Associée / Consultante sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 202