The Data Stability and Modernization program is a critical foundation block to achieving our “Fix Data” objective. We will be building upon existing technology investments and modernizing our Data & Analytics solutions to deliver on critical business and IT outcomes. The program objectives are migrating and redesigning Teradata data to cloud technology, rebuilding operational integration outside of data analytics platforms and rebuilding business rules and processes in order to decommission legacy data repositories.
The business outcomes are:
- Single sources of truth with integrity controls and monitoring;
- Timely and reliable reporting;
- Leverage rich data sources provided with PSS and Loyalty ;
- Separation of operational data flows will improve safe, secure and reliable operations;
- Reduce overall operating costs by running Cloud-based systems instead of on-premise infrastructures.
The IT outcomes are:
- Simplify tech footprint;
- Improved security and controls
- Reduce drisk and cost ;
- Ready to decommission legacy systems.
- Very experienced Data Engineer that will oversee 3rd party delivery work and will be helping to build scripts.
- Working with the project team to ensure that all ongoing data transformation, duplication, extraction, and load functions once ready for production deployment are documented in detailed data lineage models.
- Develop best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities.
- Minimum 5+ years as a Data Engineer.
- Prior Data Migration towards Azure.
- Knowledge & experience with Teradata & Informatica.
- Effective at solving problems in a measured and creative way.
- Proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are of benefit to the project.
Recruitment Consultant - IT