Our client, a center of mining expertise operating in Canada and internationally, is looking for a Director of Engineering. The company offers a wide range of complementary services grouped into six divisions: Products, Manufacturing, Project Management, Engineering, Industrial Services and Water Treatment.
The main responsibilities of the engineering division director will be to take charge of all the operational responsibilities of his division.
The director will be employed by the engineering pole and will benefit from the support of a team of to carry out its projects. He will report to the President.
The role of the department head is fourfold :
- The management
- The sale
- The delivery
Management of his department
Responsible for achieving departmental and divisional targets.
Responsible for the smooth running of his department’s operations:
- Ensuring the proper supervision and communication processes;
- Ensure the proper management of production activities.
Measurement, follow-up and achievement of departmental and divisional targets:
Responsible for achieving and respecting budgets:
- Annual elaboration of the department and divisional budgets;
- Maintenance, attainment and weekly and monthly follow-ups;
- Targeted activities:
- Communication :
- Being a team builder and team spirit;
- Being the guardian of the company’s values.
- Profitability: Gross and net margin;
- Billing: WIP conversion rate, lead time and compliance;
- Collection Manager (CAR).
- Communication :
Management and Committee Participation
Responsible for the smooth running of the cluster and its department:
Responsible for the holding and participation in the various committees of the division :
- Active member of the division’s management committee;
- Active member of the division’s operating committee;
- Active member of the division’s DDA committee;
- Active member of the OHS committee;
- Active member of the Quality and Sustainable Development Committee;
- Leads his department committee;
- Will be responsible for a support activity for the division:
- Responsible for the division’s HR committee;
- Responsible for OHS within the division;
- Responsible for coordinating DDA activities within the division;
- Responsible for the sustainable development of the division;
- Responsible for technology within the corporation;
- Responsible for coordinating the implementation of development projects;
- Responsible for coordinating the growth projects of the division.
Responsible for the revenues established for his department:
- Coordinates, participates and realizes the required sales;
- Elaboration of the sales plan for the department and division;
- Follow-up, maintenance and explanation of weekly results.
Ensure the proper coordination of project deliverables to clients :
- Compliance of the work performed;
- Client satisfaction;
- Technical assistance to the team;
- Performance in the realization of projects.
The realization of the full potential of its team and department :
Responsible for having and maintaining mobilized HR:
- To personify and establish the company’s values;
- Planning and staffing of teams;
- Mobilization at work;
- Training: Technical development;
- Training: Personal development (in the office) of its people;
- Evaluation and recognition;
- Retention and release of its people.
Job competency profile
Knowledge (Knowledge) :
- Master the Microsoft Office suite;
- Specialization in engineering.
Skills (Know-how) :
- Master the techniques of the field of application;
- High analysis and anticipation skills;
- Ability to organize and manage projects;
- Ability to design systems, processes and methods to facilitate work;
- Maintain good relations with suppliers, customers and any other person or organization necessary for the company’s business;
- Use available human and material resources to meet deadlines.
Attitudes and aptitudes (life skills) :
- Disciplined, thoughtful, rigorous, respectful of standards, methods and procedures;
- High ethical sense;
- Honesty, integrity, credibility, collaboration;
- People management;
- Project management;
- Decision making and managerial courage;
- Advisory role to the team;
Job Requirements :
- Degree in engineering;
- More than 8 years experience in management;
- MBA an asset;
- Experience in mining or forestry an asset;
- Bilingual (French, English);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (French, English).
Associé principal / Consultant sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 201