Construction/Civil Engineering Field
As Operations Director for our client, specialist in the field of civil engineering works and environmental site rehabilitation, you will manage all construction operations while providing crucial support to the mechanical maintenance and construction departments. Health and security.
Your key role will be to coordinate the various activities to ensure operational efficiency, project quality, and compliance with health and safety standards.
- Lead and coordinate all operational teams, superintendents, supervisors, dispatchers, and the mechanical maintenance supervisor.
- Work closely with the General Superintendent to resolve operational issues and ensure consistency with corporate objectives.
- Manage the implementation of construction sites in collaboration with the General Superintendent.
- Collaborate with the human resources manager and the OHS Director in operations decision-making processes.
- Make strategic decisions regarding the distribution of human resources and equipment, in coordination with the human resources department.
- Determine heavy machinery needs for projects and ensure availability of equipment on construction sites.
- Evaluate suppliers and subcontractors and recognize the scope of subcontracting mandates.
- Support Project Managers by accompanying them during meetings with clients and in the progress of the work.
- Support project managers with claims, including documentation and impact on costs and schedules.
- Identify critical issues to address to project managers and the General Superintendent.
- Confirm the availability of teams before calls for tenders.
Qualifications and Experience Sought:
- BAC or Technical in Civil Engineering (an asset).
- At least 15 years of experience in the construction field, ideally in civil engineering.
- Solid experience in project management and supervision of operational teams.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction decree.
- Proven management skills and ability to make informed decisions.
- Unifying leadership promoting team cohesion.
- Excellent management and operational coordination skills.
- Results-oriented, efficient, rigorous, and methodical.
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Strong commitment to workplace health and safety.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities and achieve objectives.
- Excellent ethical and professional conscience.
We Offer You :
- A positive work environment, stimulating projects
- An exemplary company in terms of work ethics, which is recognized for its commitment to employees for Health and Safety.
- Attractive salary depending on your experience
- Group Insurance
- 4 weeks of vacation
- Vehicle and gas card provided.
If you are a leader passionate about construction in the field of civil engineering and would like to contribute to the success of significant projects within a company committed to sustainable development and quality, we invite you to submit your application.
Location: Greater Montreal
ID – 8186
Senior Recruitment Consultant