The mandate of the position
Reporting to general management, the director of professional development plans, organizes, directs, develops, controls and evaluates all activities and resources related to the company’s professional development services (e.g. face-to-face and distance, business support services, etc.).
The person holding the position actively monitors the needs and development opportunities for new training or new professional development services and sees to their implementation and funding.
- Establish and coordinate the strategy of the services of the company’s professional development department, in particular by establishing quality standards and pedagogical approaches;
- Design a professional development offer consistent with the expertise and mission of the company and meeting the needs of the Quebec market and French-speaking Europe;
- Supervise and support the professional development management team;
- Plan the development, promotion and experimentation of new professional development projects from a medium and long-term strategic vision perspective;
- Ensure management profitability;
- Implement technological tools to optimize operations;
- Contribute to the realization of the company’s strategic plan;
- Work in concert with the other departments of the company.
Required profile :
- Have a good sense of initiative, good judgment and an analytical mind;
- Be autonomous and have a great sense of organization;
- Be dynamic, innovative and developer;
- Ability to work in a context of achieving business objectives;
- Ability to simultaneously manage a large number of varied files in a complex and demanding environment;
- Ability to adapt to change and support team members with different changes and priorities;
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently deal with different files;
- Ability to draft contractual agreements and track budgets;
- Ability to ensure the evaluation, implementation, follow-up and ongoing evaluation of files within a framework of balance between quality and profitability;
- Ability to exercise mobilizing leadership to enable the development of innovative solutions adapted to the needs of current and potential customers;
- Ability to work in a team, to act in concert, to encourage participation and to listen to people working in the management team and in his team;
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the environment, to undertake changes and implement them, in particular through the use of information technologies;
- Ability to create, develop and maintain partnerships and common mandates between departments and with other organizations.
- University degree in a discipline deemed relevant;
- Have at least 3 years of management experience deemed relevant;
- Knowledge of continuing education or skills development, its issues and the different modes of service delivery and funding;
- Knowledge of technologies related to pedagogy (multimedia integration software and digital learning environment) will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the environment and of psychosocial and rehabilitation services will be considered an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and fluency in English;
- Ease and availability to travel to Europe one to three times a year;
- Any other combination of relevant experience and training will be considered.
Type of position
Executive position between 21 and 28 hrs / week mainly (about 80-85%) in telework. The number of hours may be adjusted according to the development of the management.
5 weeks vacation and access to full benefits and pension plan.
$76,470 to $102,319 (depending on experience) + performance bonuses based on annual objectives.
ID – 8125
Associée / Consultante sénior