2023-05-10 11:09:44 Jump
Innovative manufacturer of zero emission vehicles.
Leader in transportation electrification in North America:
- Work in a challenging and constantly evolving environment.
- Work-life balance
- Flexible schedule
- Possibility of telecommuting
- Group insurance and employee assistance program
- Continuous training
- Paid professional dues
- No limits to your career potential
Under the supervision of the Head of Electronic Development, the Electrical Engineer will have the opportunity to work on high technology projects in collaboration with electrical, mechanical, software, production, and test engineers. He/she will be responsible for entire projects, from design to production.
In your daily work, you will be responsible for :
- Create electronic boards (PCB/type A) with high reliability and functional safety: Be responsible for their specification, architecture, design, simulation, component selection, schematics, prototyping, validation and manufacturing management;
- Develop concepts according to performance, quality, cost and time requirements;
- Verify these concepts through calculations, simulations, and prototyping;
- Define and monitor test and validation plans;
- Create development benches;
- Monitor the technology of the systems under your responsibility;
- Manage the work of external consultants;
- Provide technical support to production and after-sales service;
- Participate in the implementation of processes;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Bilingual: French and English to ensure good communication with suppliers;
- Comfortable with at least one PCB design tool, whether it be Altium Designer, PADS, OrCAD, or KiCad;
- Programming skills to bring circuits containing a microcontroller to a proof-of-concept level.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to innovate;
- Ability to deliver efficient and accurate work;
- Ability to set and manage priorities;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Ability to analyze;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrate organizational skills ;
- Demonstrate good judgment;
- Demonstrate autonomy;
- Demonstrate attention to detail and meticulousness.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related discipline;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position;
- Experience in designing high reliability and security systems, for example ISO-26262;
- Experience in circuit manufacturing;
- Altium Designer expertise (Asset);
- Experience in the transportation industry (Asset);
- Experience in PCB design phases, including constraint definition, component selection, schematic design, and board layout (Asset).
Junior Recruiting Consultant