Located in the Montreal area (Canada), our client develops passenger information and safety products for rail projects such as the Metropolitan Express Network in Canada and the Grand Paris Express in France. Working for our client means participating in the development of innovative products in a stimulating multidisciplinary environment.
Description and main mission
Under the responsibility of the design authority, the candidate will participate in the design and development of new functionalities for the “Traveller Information System” product.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design and build Linux kernel modules;
- Application development in an embedded Linux environment in C or C++;
- Participate in the development, verification and correction of anomalies;
- May be required to do BSP/Board Bring up;
- Implement cybersecurity solutions in an embedded environment, under the supervision of the CISO;
- Modify and adapt open source libraries;
- Create unit and integration tests;
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements;
- Write technical documents;
- Participate in code reviews;
- Participate in SCRUM.
- You will ensure and guarantee the design and development of the software according to the technical requirements and customer specifications. You will provide technical support/expertise in all activities related to software development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or equivalent;
- 5+ years experience in design, development and validation of complex software functions in C/C++ under Linux.
- Technical skills required
- Knowledge of multithreaded coding aspects;
- Experience in embedded systems development;
- Knowledge of network protocols: TCP, UDP, ARP, DNS, DHCP;
- Knowledge of communication interfaces: ZeroMQ, Protobuf.
- Knowledge of C++ / C#.NET development on Windows environment;
- Knowledge of Python is an asset;
- Experience with Buildroot, Yocto compilation software;
- Experience in Kernel module development;
- Experience with NXP i.MX6 processors;
- Experience with the following tools: Wireshark, GIT, Jira (asset), Code Collaborator (asset);
- Experience with IP telephony (VoIP), an asset: SIP, RTP, PBX, PJSIP, Asterisk;
- Human skills required
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Writing skills;
- Demonstrates leadership skills;
ID – 7920
Recruitment Consultant - IT