OnekaWater, a start up located in Sherbrooke in the field of renewable energy, is currently looking for a Engineer, Instrumentation/Electronics to join its growing team of about ten employees.
The purely mechanical technology requires electronics to collect data and continuously improve the products. This employee will collaborate closely with the product development and test engineers to integrate all the required electronic hardware as well as software. The team currently works only with external consultants, however the continuously multiplying projects require an internal employee to lead the works. The position includes a combination of physical work like assembling, soldering, waterproofing as well as pure designing,
- Design, optimize the data acquisition system for the devices (Sensors selection, power generation, energy management etc.);
- Prepare the hardware and programming of the electronics for the test rigs, buoys, projects, clients;
- Server and data management.
Requirements and desired profile :
- Desire to have a lasting impact on the future of our planet;
- Proven track record in designing and assembling instrumentation systems;
- Experience with Python, C, C++, Unix, Arduino, 12v systems, electronic circuit boards and systems assembling, communication protocols (Uart, I2C,SPI);
- Avid learner and versatile;
- Commitment, empathy, creativity and rigor;
- Open to travelling;
- Assets: French-speaking, Marine/ocean experience, worked in cleantech, open to travelling.
Associée / Consultante sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 202