Does being part of a growing cleantech company and contributing to the global transition to a circular economy appeal to you? That’s exactly what our client’s employees do every day when they come to work. The company is based on a revolutionary idea: turning non-recyclable and non-compostable waste into clean fuels and renewable chemicals. Their made-in-Canada solution offers an innovative and sustainable alternative to landfill and incineration while reducing reliance on fossil fuels.
Such an ambitious mission requires people who strive to make a difference. The company’s culture values individual ideas and contributions to the success of the business. This is a place where you can lead and inspire others as part of a creative and dynamic team.
This position can be located in Montreal or Sherbrooke and employees can work remotely.
You are known for your excellent team management skills; there is little you don’t know about mechanical engineering in the heavy industry world. In addition, you are looking to make an impact in your job, your work environment and the world as well, by working for a company that takes innovation to another level.
Upon arrival, you will support the project delivery team in coordinating the engineering efforts of mechanical engineers for various biofuel plant delivery projects. You will report to the Vice President, Project Delivery. This is an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team while enriching your career and working on the company’s unique disruptive technology.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Define mechanical team goals based on strategic business objectives and project goals and deploy these to the entire team;
- Establish and manage budgets and schedules for his group, in addition to being accountable for the progress of mechanical engineering documents according to the development stages of the projects;
- Responsible for managing the priorities and workload of the mechanical team members, allocating resources and maintaining the resource plan according to the various ongoing and upcoming projects;
- Responsible for the development of the mechanical discipline, including coaching, training and development of its resources, their work activities and performance in order to optimize the exploitation of talent and support individual career plans;
- Responsible for establishing the necessary processes and standards and tools, while ensuring alignment with other engineering disciplines;
- Continue to optimize the work processes of the mechanical team through the creation, review and update of the discipline’s technical standards;
- Involved in the creation, review and comment on mechanical project cost estimates – creative in reducing costs (involvement and leadership in value engineering reviews);
- In charge of ensuring close collaboration with the various departments throughout the design, selection, manufacturing, delivery, installation and start-up process of the biofuel plants;
- Participates in the development of the company’s corporate standards;
- Provides support to the construction team during the installation and start-up phase of a plant;
- Supports the construction team during the installation and start-up phase of a plant; Provides support in the analysis of options during project development, in collaboration with the process and mechanical engineering groups, in order to optimize equipment costs (direct and indirect), schedule and process efficiency;
- With the support of the procurement team, in charge of ensuring the respect of the delivery schedule of the equipment and modules of the projects;
- Provides support to technical projects as required (technical evaluation of suppliers, collaboration in the commissioning of industrial installations, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or any related university degree in engineering
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Engineering experience in the heavy industrial field, preferably petrochemical
- Experience in mechanical design and construction in multidisciplinary projects;
- Excellent team management skills;
- Demonstrates inspirational leadership;
- Strong communication and listening skills;
- Ability to use self-awareness to effectively manage situations and relationships;
- Bilingual, written and spoken (French, English);
- Experience in engineering for projects involving pressure systems (an asset)
- Knowledge of various industry standards such as API, ASME, TEMA, CSA, etc (an asset)
- Knowledge of piping and pressure vessel codes (vessels, heat exchangers, etc.) such as ASME B31.3 and Section VIII Div.1; (an asset)
Associé principal / Consultant sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 201