Our client is currently looking for a Human Resource/Health and Safety Representative for its Canadian and United States operations. the company currently consists of close to 40 people and is completing projects across Canada (British Columbia to the Maritimes) and the USA (including California). The following are the main duties associated with the position.
Human Resources: Main Duties
- Provide leading advice to managers on the application of policies and procedures relating to talent acquisition, training, compensation (including salaries inquiries and benefits) in a multi-sites and multi-projects environment;
- Implement the recruitment process and develop tools for managers (selection tests, interview guides, etc) ; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing interviews; recommending candidate selection.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and required training and testing programs.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results;
- Ensure legal compliance and maintain employments records;
- Manage WCB health and safety claims associated with work injuries and/or incidents;
- Act as human resource contact for employee inquiries;
- Coordinate onboarding and orientation of new employee;
- Create and maintain human resources performance indicators, performance reviews, training requirements and career plans;
- Review and maintain training certificates and requirements for each employee
- Review and gathering of Drivers Abstracts
- Assure that regulatory requirements are met.
Health and Safety: Main Duties
- Maintain our Safety management accounts – ISN, Avettta
- Prequalify Contractors to work on site (Contractor Management Standard) – Requesting insurance & WCB coverage and the company’s Prequal form, updating spreadsheet.
- Perform safety reporting – yearly OSHA forms in the US
- Fill in safety portion of bid documents – compiling documents to send in with bids.
- Maintain Alberta COR – yearly audits
- Maintain and request COR Reciprocity Agreements with other provinces.
- Schedule and trackworkers safety courses
- Project start up duties:
- Compiling all documents that pertain to the specific job – SSSP, Emergency Response Plans, SDS’s, etc.
- Sending out instructions and tracking worker orientations for the site
- Putting together site-specific safety binders for each project
- Ordering and gathering specific safety devices needed for each project
- Salus (Application) Administration duties – reviewing content of the workers submitted forms and giving feedback to the PMs, requesting changes and new forms be added to our account.
- Review and distribute Incident Reports as well as the investigation conducted
- Ensure Short Service Worker program is being followed
- Office safety – Monthly meetings, updating signage, postings and memos, emergency drills,
- Update Safety Manual and yearly signing of policies by management, as well as Safety Policy, SJP, SWP
- Coordinate drug and alcohol testing of new hires. (Appointments are generally booked through CannAmm or other service provider).
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Industrial Relations;
- At least five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in a similar role;
- Ability to communicate in English and French (written and spoken);
- Working knowledge of the MS Office suite and mastery of social media, including LinkedIn.
- Business acumen, results-based approach and problem-solving;
- Excellent leadership, initiative and communication skills;
- Analytical and synthetic skills;
- Uniting and mobilizing leadership;
- Ability to work as a team and collaborate;
- Rigour, attention to detail and organizational skills.
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 205