The IT Business Analyst is responsible for performing strategic business analysis for various departments in support of corporate goals and objectives. This includes cataloging and documenting business processes and sub-processes to uncover inefficiencies. The IT Business Analyst will also re-engineer processes and sub-processes as necessary to identify and execute the company’s technology plans. In this capacity, this person will be the primary liaison between the IT department and the business units.
- Research and review processes that support business functions and system requirements.
- Produce business process diagrams to define operational activities, procedures and templates.
- Collaborate with project managers, system owners and end users to refine business operations requirements and objectives.
- Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes and develop strategies to improve them (cost-benefit, cycle time, value stream mapping, business value analysis, etc.).
- Identify omissions and errors in business requirements by conducting feasibility studies.
- Evaluate results to develop new processes.
- Create and/or prototype new procedures to improve business processes, operations and data flow.
- Perform task impact analysis on business users; monitor impact scenarios throughout development and implementation cycles.
- Design, develop and distribute training for relevant users.
- Integrate new or revised business processes for incorporation into strategic decision making.
- Prepare technical reports for IT staff in support of technical services activities.
- Manage and coordinate research and/or survey databases as appropriate.
- Perform data analysis as requested; develop and present ad hoc reports in support of various business process initiatives, both internal and external.
- Provide advisory and technical support to the executive team and other strategic decision-making groups.
- Perform system requirements testing and regression testing.
- Manage, coordinate and evaluate the efforts of third party consultants engaged in contracted business process activities.
- University degree in Computer Science or Business Administration required or equivalent relevant experience.
- 10+ years of experience in application development.
- 5+ years of direct work experience as a business analyst.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling and mapping business processes using proven methodologies and models.
- Extensive ERP experience.
- Proven experience in business and technical requirements analysis.
- Expertise in the design, development and implementation of redesigned business processes and associated software and hardware.
- Direct knowledge of database management and various data extraction methods, including importing data into spreadsheets, graphs, etc.
- Ability to write business procedures in both technical and user-oriented language.
- Ability to troubleshoot changes, errors, and subsequent modifications to business processes; must
- be able to do so while taking into account the work of other analysts.
ID – 7790