What we offer
- Our client believes in rewarding exceptional performance with equally exceptional total compensation. They offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus (70-80k + 10% bonus).
- Extended health, dental and life insurance
- Employer paid benefits
- Health care account ($1500 per year)
- Fitness and wellness grant
- Employee and family assistance program
- Registered pension plan with employer contribution
- TFSA and RRSP
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with employer contribution
- Telework Allowance
- Electric vehicle subsidy
- Summer hours
- Office closure at year end
- Return to office on a hybrid model
The Senior Technician will provide IT support within the business services department. He or she will be responsible for ensuring the quality of services while supporting staff in Brossard, Toronto and other locations with a variety of IT requests. He or she will also act as the contact person for all IT purchases in Brossard. He or she will work closely with the Brossard IT team and report to the Director, IT Service Delivery and VoIP Systems in Toronto. This is an experienced level position requiring advanced technical skills and the ability to handle small projects and ongoing support requests.
- Provide level 1 and 2 support.
- Manage and escalate incidents, services and change requests using ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus.
- Adhere to a defined IT management process (change, incident, problem and service request) and work within defined service levels.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedules and proactively respond to requests within service level targets.
- Overtime and office support will be expected.
- Participate in centralized systems deployment and IT asset management.
- Act methodically and creatively in problem solving and troubleshooting hardware, software, connectivity, access and network issues.
- Resolve problems quickly and efficiently to enable users to be productive.
- Triage all incoming support requests and assign them to the appropriate technician, ensuring that these requests are properly categorized first.Maintain IT Department records and perform routine analysis.
- Accurately document and categorize support requests with the ticket solution.
- Install workstations, configure hardware and software.
- Install and repair equipment.
- Install or repair Windows 10 equipped computers with standardized applications and network software, diagnosing and resolving issues that arise in their operation.
- Receive orders for hardware and software from all serviced sites.
- Ensure that control processes are in compliance with the requirements of the Act.
- Participate in the updating of standards and documentation.
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate inventory of hardware, software and technology resources.Support users in their activities using experience and expertise.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with users, colleagues and vendors.
- Ensure knowledge transfer to other team members and cross-training.
- Provide orientation to new users on existing technology.
- Train staff on potential uses of existing technology.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in information systems support or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Specialized training or certification requiring up to two years of education.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a direct customer support role.
- Experience with Level 1 and 2 support.
- Previous experience using ManageEngine Service Desk Plus or similar service request management tool an asset.
- Knowledge, experience and support of Office 365, MS Teams.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10.
- Excellent knowledge of Dell products and smartphones (Android and iPhone).
- Experience related toInformation Technology Infrastructure Library.
- Experience in onsite and remote support.
- Bilingual: fluency in English and French is required.
- Familiar with common software applications, with an emphasis on Microsoft enterprise products.
- Familiar with cabling, communication protocols and connectivity hardware.
- Good knowledge of policies, practices and procedures related to computer systems.
- Highly organized, works well independently and as part of a team, good time management skills and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts including routing, subnetting and firewalls.
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco voice systems an asset.
Associée / Consultante sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 202