2020-10-23 11:52:32 Jump
Our client is looking for a Senior Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Engineer (EIC) to join their team.
To be discussed.
Objectives of the role:
- Design electrical distribution and control systems under the supervision of the Vice President of Engineering and Operations.
- Develop all EIC engineering design products in accordance with relevant codes and standards.
- Perform and supervise all tasks related to the EIC during the various phases of each project: feasibility, design, construction and commissioning.
- Locates, selects and supervises electrical contractor and subcontractors as part of the early contractor involvement approach.
- Be an EIC engineering expert
Relevant qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 7 to 10 years of specific experience in the mining and mineral processing industry in electrical engineering and design.
- Experience in PLC instrumentation and control systems.
- Experience in the mining industry with on-site work during construction and commissioning.
- Engineering license registered with the OIQ.
- Experience in low and medium voltage systems is an asset; specification of transformers, switchgear/CCM, VFDs and generators.
- Good understanding of CEC and IEC codes.
- Ability to develop equipment specifications, electrical equipment lists and other deliverables
- Ability to develop and understand electrical engineering calculations.
- ETAP expertise, familiarity with AutoCAD.
- Possess a high level of analytical ability used to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be responsible for delivering a quality product on time and within budget.
- Be able to read and interpret design drawings, schematics and other technical drawings.
- Ability to manage stress and the demands of continuous change
- It focuses on details and closing work.
- Teamwork and a safety-conscious attitude.
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 205