Our client, a leader in the video game industry in Montreal and constantly working to create innovative and exciting experiences for gamers around the world, is looking for a Lead UX-UI Designer for whom passion and ambition for video games are essential!
- Understand and communicate the artistic direction of the project to ensure that UI/UX team executes this vision as faithfully as possible.
- Work with UI artists, UX Designers, Technical artists and Programmers to ensure the best possible visual quality, while respecting the technical constraints of the game.
- Support, inspire and coach UI/UX team while providing a clear, well-considered direction and feedback on their work.
- Participate in the definition and prioritization of artistic milestones and define the workload of UI/UX team.
- Follow up with the UI/UX team to ensure that everyone delivers their work on time and with expected quality.
- Optimize the work methodology and the artistic processes, so that the contribution of each artist is optimal.
- Follow up with the outsourcers, evaluate their work and give them feedback in order to reach the objectives of the project.
- Help recruit and welcome new UI/UX to the team.
Experience & qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience as UI artist or UX designer
- Experience leading a team
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of mobile artistic production pipelines.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of art, visual communication and design principles
- Excellent hands-on artistic skills: from pre-visualization and concept art to color correction and polish
- Strong creative mind for ideation, innovation and UX
- Familiarity with tablet games and related creative crafts such as animation, audio, game design and game art
- Versatility and comfort working in a broad range of styles and genres
- Strong understanding of Adobe Photoshop and illustrator
- Some knowledge of Unity
- Positive leader with an ability to present ideas clearly and inspire a team
- Good sense of responsibilities, constraints, and schedules
- Ability to clearly express his vision of the Artistic direction
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for the mobile/tablet medium is a must!
Stéphanie Le Blanc