Our client is looking for an experienced Manager, Data Science to build from the ground up the Data Science team. With many projects in the backlog, they’re looking to bring their Advanced Analytics & AI development team to the next level and are looking for the right leader to spearhead that change.
They’re looking for a self-motivated individual with strong business acumen who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment and are committed to driving value for organisation. A leader who uses their technical background to support the team, with a focus on delivering results. A person with a strong influence and communication skills to clearly communicate results to the management team.
Most importantly, this individual will need to be the ultimate team player and value above all the mutual respect, collaboration and communication of a trusted teammate.
Your main functions :
- Manage the intake process of Advanced Analytics and AI projects for the business, review business cases and charters, and prioritize projects;
- Ensure analytics and reporting consumers can complete the proper documentation for a request to be brought into the prioritization process;
- Develop and/or review estimates for project schedule, effort, and cost using established estimating models, best practices, and past experience;
- Work in coordination with the business teams in an agile way to deliver on identified use cases and requests;
- Manages the workload and level of involvement of different roles in the cross-functional team: balance scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks;
- Build & execute the Data Science roadmap (tools, development & projects) for the organization.
Your qualifications and skills :
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Business, or Engineering;
- 10+ years of experience in an analytics-related position;
- 5+ years of management experience;
- Experience working with analytics, business and IT stakeholders;
- Experience in value realization, ROI and program prioritization;
- Experience in a consumer facing retail environment would be considered an asset;
- MBA and/or relevant managerial qualifications would be considered an asset.
The position is based in Montreal or Sherbrooke.
Associée / Consultante sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 202