Our client, who provides leading energy services in Quebec by proposing innovative solutions to improve the energy efficiency of buildings and reduce operating and maintenance costs, is looking for a Mechanical Designer to join its team.
Brief description :
As a Designer – Mechanical, in close collaboration with the Senior Project Designer and the entire team, you will carry out building mechanical projects in the institutional, commercial, municipal and industrial fields. The Mechanical Designer will be responsible for the definition of needs, the selection of technologies, the preparation of construction plans and specifications and possibly the supervision of the work, all under the supervision of the project’s Senior Designer, up to the commissioning of the installations. More specifically, he will have the following responsibilities
Job description :
- Meet with clients for the realization of a project;
- Carry out pre-project studies;
- Carry out mechanical installation expertise;
- Carry out surveys of existing installations;
- Calculate air conditioning and heating loads;
- Design ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing and heating systems;
- Designing plans and specifications for the various electromechanical systems;
- Possibly design computer-assisted drawings;
- Prepare the specifications of the electromechanical components;
- Carry out budget evaluations;
- Ensure that the program, schedule and budget of the projects are respected;
- Work with other professionals and partners involved in projects;
- Possibly perform site supervision;
- Review shop drawings.
Qualifications and Requirements :
- You have a university degree in mechanical engineering or a building mechanical technician diploma;
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in building mechanical engineering;
- You have a good knowledge of the codes and standards applicable to buildings (HVAC systems, Quebec Construction Code, CSA standards, NFPA standards, etc.);
- You are highly rigorous and organized in your management of priorities;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective and harmonious interpersonal relationships;
- You have good oral and written communication skills in French and English (an asset);
- You are available for professional travel within Canada.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency is an asset.
The company offers its employees a competitive and attractive total compensation package linked to the business context, culture, values and long-term orientations. The opportunity to benefit from an innovative, dynamic and stimulating work environment where you can make your mark and lead an interesting career. The company is committed to the professional development and well-being of its employees.
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 205