Do you want to access a strategic position that will allow you to get involved in the growth of a Quebec company? You are recognized for your significant experience in sales, are you ready to take on major challenges that will make your professional portfolio shine? This opportunity is for you!
Building on its growth in recent years, its dynamic breakthrough into the American market, its unique organizational culture, as well as the rapid development of its production capacity to serve its products, our client has been nourishing the happiness of North Americans for years. decades.
What you will gain
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- 4 weeks of vacation upon entry into the position
- 6 days off during the holidays
- Comprehensive group insurance and a retirement plan
- A telemedicine service
- Recognition of years of service
Reason for the position
Reporting to the VP, Sales and Marketing, the National Sales Director is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the sales activities of the entire organization and the broker who represents it, so as to meet commercial objectives in terms of sales volume, market penetration, sales profitability and customer satisfaction.
As National Sales Director, you will be responsible for generating sales revenue in accordance with the business plan while improving its competitive position. You will ensure the development and implementation of programs intended to monitor compliance by wholesalers and retailers with commercial agreements.
Your main responsibilities
- Coordinate strategic, operational and budgetary planning for national and international sales; design, develop and implement programs and tactics aimed at meeting company objectives related to sales volume and profitability, product mix, brand positioning, market penetration, customer satisfaction and corporate image.
- Ensure the adequate constitution of the sales team and the network of brokers according to the company’s business plan and provide them with the necessary leadership, supervision and support.
- Promote the growth of export sales and develop the necessary programs to ensure penetration of the resulting new markets.
- Design, develop and implement sales programs based on booking campaigns with food chains by region, by brand, by product and by customer in order to ensure compliance with the company’s business plans.
- Identify production contract opportunities for private brands or co-packing contracts and bid with wholesalers, retailers or corporate clients.
- Within established budgets, design, develop, implement and negotiate with customers, wholesalers and retailers discount programs, volume rebates, co-op advertising and specific incentives intended to ensure by product category the meeting sales objectives.
- In collaboration with marketing and management, identify and manage purchases of listings from food retail chains and select retail networks based on brand and/or product line objectives.
- Develop and execute promotional strategies aimed at consumers. Manage the deployment of marketing tools developed by marketing.
- Develop, manage and ensure compliance with sales and expense budgets, including planning and administration of the “Trade marketing” budget. Report sales performance in terms of volumes, market share and profitability by product/customer, by region and by period. Reviews projections regularly to ensure the reliability of sales estimates
- Prepare and communicate sales performance indicators in terms of volumes, market shares and profitability by product, by customer, by region and by period
- Coordinate activities related to customer service for the entire company and ensure the effectiveness of interdepartmental communications
- Bachelor’s degree in management or business administration
- 5 years of experience in a similar position in the food industry
- Experience in personnel management
- Mastery of spoken and written French and English languages
- The ability to work in a team
- Strategic, analytical and summary vision
- Good management knowledge (finance, marketing, logistics)
- Great leadership and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Great understanding of market changes
Location : Anjou
ID – 8176
Senior Recruitment Consultant