Reporting to the Senior Director, the primary functions of this position will be to manage the operations, budgets and employees of the Dispatch, Surveying, Signage and Transportation & Logistics teams. The Operations Manager will also have a significant role in the implementation of management technology initiatives and ERP integration to support the growth of these operations and the group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage direct and indirect employees in dispatch, surveying, signage, transportation and logistics teams: plan manpower needs, recruit staff, develop talent and expertise in the team, engage employees, coordinate and monitor work, evaluate contribution, resolve problems, apply disciplinary action and terminate as necessary;
- Participate in the development of cost centers for the various departments
- Establish and manage operating budgets and optimize the profitability of the various cost centers
- Supervise the operations of the departments and ensure the quality of service offered to the group;
- Develop and optimize work methods and business processes for all activities related to logistics operations;
- Take charge of various internal mandates of the department, and the implementation of new management and operation software as well as the ERP;
- Analyze systems, processes and procedures and make changes to ensure their continuous improvement;
- Participate in the integration of human and material resources during mergers and acquisitions;
- Supervise implementations;
- Actively participate, through attitude and behavior, in developing and maintaining a respectful, harmonious and stimulating work atmosphere for all;
- Collaborate with all colleagues and promote teamwork;
- Carry out his/her work with rigor and integrity;
- Carry out duties and responsibilities efficiently and with the desire to perform well;
- Work in accordance with the company’s culture and values;
- Perform any other related duties.
- Possess 7-10 years of experience in a leadership role;
- University degree in engineering or management or other related training;
- Be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Bilingualism (French/English);
- Leadership skills and managerial courage;
- Good judgment and management of priorities;
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure.
- Competitive compensation;
- Comprehensive group insurance (drug, dental, vision, travel, disability, life, and more);
- Flexible hours for administrative staff to balance work and family;
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP);
- Access to continuing education;
- An organized, dynamic and responsive team;
- Friendly atmosphere and work environment;
- Work for a competitive company with nearly 50 years of experience.
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 205