Reporting to the Project Manager, Engineering, the Process Engineer will contribute to the various engineering projects of our client’s business unit plants, including design, implementation and commissioning of manufacturing equipment. The Process Engineer will also work on challenging new equipment installation and continuous improvement projects and will have to cooperate with members of the project engineering team, but also with members of other teams, including production and R&D teams. The Process Engineer will act as an expert in his/her field.
- Participate in project definition and develop concepts (conceptual, preliminary and detailed engineering);
- Prepare fluid flow diagrams (PFD) and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID);
- Perform hydraulic calculations, selection and sizing of process equipment and piping;
- Write specifications/quotes and evaluate offers/bids from suppliers and contractors;
- Write functional analyses;
- Supervise the installation and commissioning of process equipment;
- Participate in continuous improvement projects from the feasibility study preparation phase to completion;
- Contribute to technology watch and recommend innovative solutions;
- Participate in the digital transformation of the company (Industry 4.0);
- Participate in risk analysis (HAZOP or others);
- Respect good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures;
- Comply with health and safety policies and C-TPAT policies;
- All other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or other relevant specialty.
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCad drawing software.
- Must be a member of the Order of Engineers.
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology and/or food industry.
- Good oral and written communication skills in French and English;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Sense of responsibility, judgment and autonomy;
- Good management of priorities.
ID – 8056
Recruitment Consultant - industrial and engineering