Our client, a multi-trade service provider that securely delivers high quality construction, facilities management and technical solutions is seeking a Procurement Manager. Reporting to the Regional Vice President, the Procurement Manager is responsible for supporting operations through the planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating procurement related activities.
Salary : To be discused
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and contracting practices that will facilitate the sourcing, locating and shipping of required materials and services;
- Understanding of procurement related activities, contracts and bidding practices;
- Planning and execution of purchasing activities; making recommendations when necessary to maintain budget;
- Identify suppliers of materials, equipment and subcontractors;
- Ensure timely issuance of purchase orders and follow up on deliveries;
- Evaluate the cost and quality of goods and/or services received;
- Identify and secure services from subcontractors;
- Identify and secure services from subcontractors; Perform procurement contract negotiations;
- Ensure the management of an effective partnership with suppliers of products and/or services;
- Take charge of problems related to products or services received in order to determine their causes and take corrective and preventive measures;
Collaborate with the estimating, accounting, construction, warehouse and quality control departments.
Required Skills :
- Effective communication;
- Ability to learn continuously;
- Customer focus;
- Innovation and problem solving skills;
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Required Education and Skills:
- Degree in procurement or logistics and/or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in procurement, 2 of which must be in the construction industry;
- Bilingualism (English and French), both written and spoken;
- Proficiency in reading drawings and specifications;
- Knowledge of the construction industry in particular, the commercial and industrial sector, an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Knowledge of JDE, an asset.
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 205