Under the direct supervision of the General Management, the Production Manager assumes a strategic role in the coordination and management of production activities within the plant. In close collaboration with the multidisciplinary teams, this position aims to optimize operations while fostering a culture of continuous improvement. Responsibilities cover a wide range of areas, such as occupational health and safety, quality, human resource management and strategic planning.
Optimization of production processes (55%)
- Analyze the production capacity to plan the necessary resources (human, material and financial) in the short and medium term.
- Establish key performance objectives for relevant departments and monitor their achievement.
- Drive process improvement initiatives, applying methods such as Kaizen and 5S.
- Coach and motivate production teams to maximize their efficiency.
Leadership in Occupational Health and Safety (25%)
- Promote compliance with safety standards and regulations in force.
- Collaborate with the committee dedicated to safety to maintain optimal working conditions.
- Supervise investigations and actions following incidents, with a view to preventing their recurrence.
- Encourage the adoption of safe work practices throughout the organization.
- Implement regular inspections to ensure compliance and effectiveness of security measures.
Planning management (10%)
- Manage ongoing activities, anticipate short-term staffing needs and distribute tasks optimally.
- Supervise the use of overtime to ensure the balance of operations.
- Organize regular meetings with management teams to ensure smooth and structured communication.
- Monitor time off and vacation to maintain adequate coverage
Continuous Quality Improvement (5%)
- Ensure compliance with quality standards throughout the production phases.
- Supervise the application of directives and procedures in accordance with ISO standards.
- Identify and address sources of non-compliance, while taking into account customer feedback.
Human Resources and Team Development (15%)
- Contribute to the management of human resources, (3 supervisors directly and more than 50 people indirectly), whether they are unionized or not.
- Participate in the process of recruitment, integration and continuous training of staff.
- Maintain rigorous monitoring of staff skills and evaluations.
- Demonstrate a respectful and fair approach to discipline and complaint management.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of significant experience in the manufacturing, industrial sector.
- At least 3 years in management of unionized teams.
- Mastery of computer tools, including the Office suite and ERP systems.
- Strong leadership, ability to manage change and motivate teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to dynamic environments.
- Remarkable skills in team management and communication.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, focused on results and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English.
Join a company recognized in its field of activity and for the quality of its products. You will evolve within a friendly, human team that will highlight your entrepreneurial side.
- Salary from $110,000 and more depending on experience and expertise plus an annual bonus.
- Group insurance paid by the employer.
- Group RRSP after 6 months.
- 4 weeks vacation.
Salary: Starting at $110,000, depending on experience + annual bonus
Senior Recruitment Consultant