The Senior Director of Renewable Energy Systems Development is responsible for maintaining selected strategic and thematic aspects of utility-scale renewable energy generation projects, including project identification, site control, due diligence and development of utility-scale renewable energy projects, and can generally manage a team.
- Assumes development responsibilities on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Effectively represents the company in county and provincial permitting settings and other major forums.
- Acquires and manages all consultants who may be required to successfully complete project development.
- Understands and actively manages the transportation interconnection process in collaboration with other members of the business.
- Understands and actively manages environmental studies and the project permitting process in collaboration with the permitting team.
- Significantly participates in power purchase agreements, joint development, purchase and sale of assets and other high-level negotiations.
- Develops and manages project marketing plans, including communications with landowners.
- Actively develops productive relationships with utilities and other potential customers and identifies business opportunities.
- Understands project financing models and actively assists the finance team in selecting project opportunities.
- Lead all commercial aspects of land acquisition negotiations and coordinate with legal counsel to negotiate and execute land control documents.
- Lead reporting and specialist teams to manage and conduct environmental due diligence and permitting work.
- Lead reporting and specialized teams to manage and drive interconnection and transportation processes.
- Lead reporting and specialist teams with engineering and construction teams to perform constructability due diligence.
- Generate budgets, schedules, risk assessments and milestone approvals
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate measures. Reports potentially hazardous conditions and uses materials and equipment correctly.
- Comfortable with making and communicating decisions and recommendations without complete information.
- Comfortable with reading, reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, engineering or a closely related field;
- Three (5) years of experience as a business manager, lawyer, paralegal or engineer.
- Three (5) years of experience must have included:
- Experience in developing large-scale commercial projects, real estate or land acquisition.
- Experience in obtaining environmental permits and community licenses for any major infrastructure project;
- Skills in MS Office and Outlook.
- Availability to travel: 15% to 20% of the time to represent the company at meetings on wind or solar energy across Canada.
Salary from $140,000 to $170,000 + bonus and benefits
The final agreed remuneration is based on individual education, qualifications, experience and location. This position is eligible for bonuses.
ID – 8002
Associé principal / Consultant sénior