Reporting to the Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the administrative aspect of construction projects. He/she acts as a conduit of information between the company and the client. He/she will also provide the material resources required for the execution of contracts and assist the superintendents and foremen in coordinating the progress of the projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and train assistant project managers;
- Prepare construction files;
- Perform administrative management of construction projects;
- Manage health, safety and environment on projects;
- Transmit relevant information to the foreman;
- Proceed to price requests, negotiate agreements and order materials;
- Establish work methods and procedures as well as signage plans;
- Prepare, verify and submit contingent work orders;
- Finalize payment requests and see to the billing of contracts;
- Prepare business cases for review by the Director;
- Resolve, within the limits of his duties and responsibilities, disputes on the site;
- Close and archive projects;
- Actively participate, through his/her attitude and behavior, in developing and maintaining a respectful, harmonious and stimulating work atmosphere for all;
- Collaborate with all colleagues and promote teamwork;
- Carry out his/her work with rigor and integrity;
- Carry out duties and responsibilities efficiently and with the desire to perform well;
- Work in accordance with the company’s culture and values;
- Perform any other related duties.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in civil engineering project management;
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or other relevant training (additional experience may be required to make up for the absence of the required degree);
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (asset);
- Card issued by ASP Construction;
- Mastery of the Office suite;
- Mastery of AutoCad software;
- Open-mindedness, willingness to learn, teamwork.
Working conditions :
- Usual office work;
- Travel required;
- Overtime required.
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 205