The Quality System Manager organizes and coordinates the implementation of the quality of products and services in all the company’s processes and structures. He/she designs and implements methods and tools available to the company’s departments to maintain and develop quality. He/she develops the Quality System according to internal needs, customer requirements and normative and regulatory requirements.
- Appropriates and adapts the quality system to the activity.
- Participates in the definition of objectives.
- Produces KPI alert reports for management.
- Ensures the implementation of indicators.
- Conducts process reviews and audits.
- Conducts internal project audits.
- Is the main contact for customers and certification bodies for the presentation of the Group’s quality system.
- Ensures the implementation of the Group’s quality indicators.
- In connection with the operational quality, implements corrective and preventive actions following non-conformities.
- Follows up on action plans.
- Manages standards.
- Takes care of problem solving using 8D tools.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Writes quality plans and supports the writing of development plans.
- Verifies project and product documentation (traceability/requirements/configuration/…).
- Prepares internal reviews.
- Verifies, validates and follows up on change requests.
- Performs end of project reviews and captures feedback.
- Participates in customer reviews if contractual.
- Verifies, validates and follows up on internal, supplier and customer non-conformities by ensuring their relevance (description, causes, corrective and preventive actions, costs, customer response, etc.).
- Participates in the global evaluation of suppliers’ performance and in the establishment of supplier objectives.
- Carries out supplier audits.
- Establishes the list of products requiring incoming inspection with the support of engineering.
- Performs incoming inspection of specific products before they enter the warehouse.
- Applies the incoming inspection procedure in force in the company (sampling rules…).
- Inspects products during and at the end of production.
- Participates in/leads the inspection of the first items.
- Ensures compliance with established quality standards at each stage of the files.
- Is responsible for metrology.
- Assists the EHS Manager in his activities in production.
Education and skills
- College diploma or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in Quality Assurance,
- Supplier Quality Assurance.
- May be required to travel post pandemic (international).
- Manufacturing/manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of mechanical manufacturing processes (sheet metal, extrusion, riveting, …) – Asset.
- Knowledge of IPC-610, IPC 620, EN15085 standards – Asset.
- Knowledge of measuring instruments.
- Knowledge of railway standards (especially ISO/TS 22163) and ISO9001.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and problem solving methods (Kaizen, 5why, 8D Ishikawa).
- Experience as an auditor.
- Fluent in English and French, both written and spoken.
Human skills required
- Eager to learn.
- Team player.
- Flexible schedule.
- 37.5 hours.
- Gym on our premises.
- Bike storage room.
- Casual dress.
ID – 426
Recruitment Consultant - industrial and engineering