2021-06-14 11:19:33 Jump
Our client, a Quebec-based company with an international reputation, is looking to expand their IT department.
The Senior BI Developer will increase data reach by developing, deploying, and optimizing data integrations on our Data platform. Reporting to the platforms and operations team leader, you will contribute to deliver new innovative solutions tailored to the company’s needs. You will oversee all technical aspects of the solution delivery within the data platform. Your main objective will be to simplify data consumption while ensuring availability and efficiency of the data platform.
The Senior BI Developer – Data Solutions will:
- Build and maintain new and existing integrations to data sources using data integration tools (ELT, ETL);
- Participate and collaborate with clients’ business analysts, gathering requirements, estimating and testing;
- Collaborate and support clients by building data visualization layer using the available visualization tools;
- Ensure operational excellence by monitoring and performing continuous improvements to maximize efficiency and availability of the overall platform;
- Provide technical and operational documentations of the data platform (DevOps Wiki, design, and mapping specifications);
- Support and work directly with various departments to analyze and translate business requirements into technical requirements.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering, or equivalent experience;
- A strong development experience in data integration and visualization using modern technologies;
- Proficient in integration tools such as: Data Bricks, Azure Data factory, Spark, SSIS, Logic Apps;
- Strong Experience in Data Storage technologies including: SQL Database, data lake, Blob Storage;
- Solid knowledge of SQL: Writing efficient queries, modifying schemas, and creating views;
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Power BI;
- Good knowledge and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Scala, PowerShell;
- Experience creating and deploying using CI/CD pipelines and Git repositories;
- Experience working with agile methods and tools such as Scrum, DevOps;
- An innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs;
- Critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions, and proactively propose solutions;
- Ability to build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues;
- Problem solving skills critical to analyze and create proper responses and solutions quickly to clients;
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, orally and in writing.
Recruitment Consultant - IT