The Senior Construction Estimator, under the authority of the Chief Estimator, is responsible for analyzing the plans and specifications of construction projects and estimating the various costs, such as materials, labor, machinery, and equipment, to prepare the documents related to a bid. He/she ensures the efficient management of the steps related to the preparation of bids by ensuring that deadlines are met and that the highest quality standards are met while ensuring customer satisfaction.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Study plans and specifications to prepare bids.
- From the plans and specifications, estimate the cost of materials, labor, equipment, the time required to complete the project, and other additional costs.
- Propose alternative solutions when necessary.
- Transmit requisitions for materials, equipment, and services.
- Provide information necessary for the execution of the work on site.
- Provide information necessary for the execution of the work on the sites; Make prices for change directives.
- Communicates and reports regularly on the progress of work and brings in resources promptly.
- Demonstrate agility and creativity to develop projects and find solutions to meet the changing needs of a competitive industry.
- Ensure excellent business relationships with subcontractors, partners, and suppliers.
- Respect the deadlines for bids.
- Ensure quality customer service according to the organization’s standards.
- Ensure that our commitments to our customers have been met.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience in construction estimating role.
- Construction or civil engineer (building) or Technician or Bachelor of Architecture: an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of production management principles and continuous improvement in the construction sector.
- Enjoys a network that will fuel his search for solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and be multi-task oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Rigor, organizational skills, and autonomy.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Leadership, ability to lead individuals to achieve their goals, convener.
- Ability to manage several projects at once and allocate resources according to priorities and deadlines.
- Strong sense of organization, initiative, judgment, and urgency.
- Good knowledge of the Office suite, including Microsoft Project Management.
- The successful candidate will be required to travel.
- Bilingualism (English/French) written and spoken.
- Knowledge of Office Suite, PlanSwift, The Edge.
ID – 7851