Have you led major green energy projects? You have had a strategic role in community relations, partners and project teams? Do you want to join a stable, recognized, innovative company that values work-life balance? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
- Great depth, autonomy, independence, efficiency, productivity, creativity and self-sufficiency.
- Maintains development responsibilities on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Effectively represents the company in county and provincial licensing contexts and other major forums.
- Acquires and manages all consultants that may be required to complete project development.
- Understands and actively manages the transmission interconnection process in conjunction with the company’s Transmission group.
- Understands and actively manages the environmental review and permitting process for the project in collaboration with the permitting team.
- Participates significantly in power purchase agreements, joint development, asset purchase and sale, and other high-level negotiations.
- Develops and manages project marketing plans, including communications with landowners.
- Actively develops productive relationships with utilities and other potential customers and identifies business opportunities.
- Understands project financing models and can actively assist the finance team in selecting project opportunities.
- Demonstrates a history of success at the “Manager” level.
- A proven team leader.
Responsible for utility scale renewable energy project site identification, site monitoring, due diligence and development. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver ambitions within specific markets, including the creation or delivery of project portfolios.
- Coordinate with internal reporting and specialist teams to apply fundamental site criteria (land ownership, resources, access to existing transmission lines, constructability, etc.) to the project.
- Oversee landowner engagement to determine their interest in participating in the project.
- Plan and manage land acquisition strategies, including management of external land acquisition contractors.
- Occasionally represent the company in community settings and before large groups of landowners.
- Lead all commercial aspects of land acquisition negotiations and coordinate with legal counsel to negotiate and execute land control documents.
- Lead reports and specialist teams to manage and conduct environmental due diligence and permitting work.
- Lead reports and specialist teams to manage and conduct interconnection and transmission processes.
- Lead reports and specialist teams with the engineering and construction teams to conduct constructability due diligence.
- Generate budgets, schedules, risk assessments, and checkpoint approvals.
- Assist reports and specialty teams in all power marketing or project sales activities.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the regulatory and market forces for the regions in which they are developing.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate actions. Reports potentially hazardous conditions and properly uses materials and equipment.
- Exemplary oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with a strong penchant for team building and participation and natural leadership.
- Ability to make and communicate decisions and recommendations without complete information.
- You are comfortable with reading, reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Ability to manage highly dynamic workflows and move quickly from developing portfolio strategies to executing daily tactics and tasks to move projects forward.
- Played a lead role in closing at least one utility scale renewable energy project, including origination, full development cycle and financial close to enable NTP on construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, engineering or closely related field ;
- Five (5) years of experience as a business manager, attorney, paralegal or engineer.
- Five (5) years of experience must have included:
- Experience in large scale commercial project development, real estate or land acquisition.
- Experience in obtaining environmental permitting and community licensing for any major infrastructure project;
- Managing a full range of critical responsibilities independently or with limited supervision;
- Managing land acquisition through financial close;
- Managing client interactions and delivering cost-effective projects on time; and
- MS Office and Outlook skills.
- Availability to travel: 15-20%, to represent the company at wind/solar energy meetings across Canada.
Associé principal / Consultant sénior