The Senior IT Technician will provide support within the business services department. He or she will be responsible for ensuring quality of service while supporting staff in Longueuil, Toronto and other sites with a variety of IT requests. He or she will work closely with the IT team in Longueuil and report to the Director, IT Service Delivery and VoIP Systems in Toronto. This is an experienced level position that requires advanced technical skills and the ability to handle small projects and ongoing support requests.
Provide level 1 and level 2 help desk support.
- Manage incidents, services and change requests and escalate through ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus.
- Adhere to a defined IT management process (change, incident, problem and service request) and work within defined service levels.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedules and proactively respond to requests within service level targets.
- Overtime and office support will be expected.
- Participate in centralized systems deployment and IT asset management.
- Act methodically and creatively in problem solving and troubleshooting hardware, software, connectivity, access and network issues.
- Resolve problems quickly and efficiently to enable users to be productive.
- Triage all incoming support requests and assign them to the appropriate technician, ensuring that these requests are properly categorized first.
- Maintain IT department records and perform routine analysis.
Accurately document and categorize support requests with the ticket solution.
- Install workstations, configure hardware and software.
- Install and repair equipment.
- Install or repair Windows 10 equipped computers with standardized applications and network software, diagnosing and resolving issues that arise in their operation.
- Receive orders for hardware and software from all serviced sites.
- Ensure that control processes are in compliance with requirements.
- Participate in the updating of standards and documentation.
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate inventory of hardware, software and technology resources.
Support users in their activities using experience and expertise.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with users, colleagues and vendors.
- Ensure knowledge transfer to other team members and cross-training.
- Provide orientation to new users on existing technology.
- Train staff on potential uses of existing technology.
Skills and Prerequisites:
- College diploma in information systems support or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Specialized training or certification requiring up to two years of education.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a direct customer support role.
- Experience with Level 1 and 2 support.
- Previous experience using ManageEngine Service Desk Plus or similar service request management tool an asset.
- Knowledge, experience and support of Office 365, MS Teams.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10
- Android and IPhone smartphones
- Experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library
- Experience in onsite and remote support.
- Bilingual: fluency in English and French is mandatory.
- Proficiency with current operating systems.
- Familiar with current software applications with an emphasis on Microsoft enterprise products.
- Familiarity with cabling, communication protocols and connectivity hardware.
- Good knowledge of policies, practices and procedures related to computer systems.
- Highly organized, works well independently and as part of a team, good time management skills and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of Dell products.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts including routing, subnetting and firewalls.
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco voice systems an asset.
Associée / Consultante sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 202