Our client, a growing private engineering consulting firm specializing in industrial transformation processes, is looking for an Mechanical Engineer. This company works with major companies in the resource, energy and food processing sectors and stands out for the quality, integrity and enthusiasm of its team, as well as its respect for its clients and its ability to meet challenges.
To be discussed.
Reporting to the Mechanical Team Supervisor, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Develop innovative technical solutions and concepts adapted to the client’s needs;
- Perform design calculations (mechanical, piping);
- Write and review equipment specifications and make the selection;
- Assign tasks to less experienced engineers and technicians and review their work;
- Supervise the production of layout and isometric piping drawings in collaboration with the design team;
- Ensures that specifications and drawings are in accordance with guidelines, code requirements and other regulations;
- Participate actively in the procurement process (call for tenders, bid analysis, technical follow-up);
- Participate in project control, including cost control and schedule monitoring;
- Estimate and plan the selected solutions;
- Support construction work on site and participate in system commissioning;
- Represent the field of expertise to various clients and stakeholders;
- Write reports and documentation.
Skills and Requirements
- Holder of a university degree in mechanical engineering;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum of 15 years of engineering experience;
- Relevant experience in chemical process projects, an important asset;
- Attestation from ASP Construction;
- Bilingualism (French-English) both orally and in writing;
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills;
- Mobilizing leader and excellent team worker;
- Demonstrates rigor, judgment and is results-oriented;
- Demonstrates great adaptability.
Permanent, full time.
514-658-5867, ext 203