Our client, one of the most important national players in Distribution (automotive field), is a growing Quebec-based company. The head office is located in the West Island of Montreal.
They offer many social benefits such as group insurance after 3 months, 3 weeks of vacation, group RRSP after 6 months, etc.
The Senior Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with inventories, products, brands and regions. He/she creates and maintains forecasting models, integrating business intelligence and forecasts gathered from sales, marketing, suppliers and other relevant sources. Constantly interacting with internal collaborators, he/she provides information that will guide procurement decisions and track the alignment of the merchandising team to meet business needs.
- Perform analysis and supply demand and interpret a large amount of data;
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels (brands, products, customers, region, etc.) for different time horizons;
- Develop supply and demand forecasting analyses by product segment by working with statistics and historical data from different markets;
- Review historical sales trends, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecasting models and evaluate results;
- Work closely with the merchandising team, sales, marketing, procurement team and suppliers to develop an accurate picture of demand and market trends;
- Provide information for supply planning by developing inventory strategies for existing products, new products and declining products;
- Recommends adjustments to operational forecasts based on process and demand planning reports;
- Gather and analyze all data relevant to the creation of basic and promotional sales forecasts (sales history, market trends, seasonality, promotions, new product launches);
- Participate in the redefinition of the demand planning process and contribute to its continuous improvement;
- All other related tasks.
- 5 years experience in a similar role (high volume environment);
- Good experience in statistics, planning and forecasting methods;
- Experience with software related to demand planning, SAP-MM (SAP Material Management) inventory management module, advanced level with Excel and your APICS and IBF certifications;
- Good analytical skills, good communication skills and interest in process improvement;
- Very customer service and teamwork oriented;
- Rigorous and meticulous;
- Bilingual, French and English, spoken and written.
Stéphanie Le Blanc