Our client is looking for a Project Manager. The successful candidate will participate in the overall performance of the project, including cost management, scheduling and overall project management, while maintaining excellent relationships with workers, subcontractors and clients. He/she will also act as a customer contact for the duration of the project.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide management and leadership of safety, environmental and quality programs and policies.
- Establish, in conjunction with the Operations Manager, project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards in accordance with company policies and contract requirements.
- Assume responsibility for work results and the results of other workers
- Establish and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates as required
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress
- Conduct site visits and supervise the work of the superintendent and subcontractors.
- Audit work, contracts, work in progress to identify risks and correct deficiencies.
- Prepare and follow up on monthly invoices and extra work.
- Analyze costs, progress of work, quantify bills of lading, make payment requests and follow up on them.
- Participate in the drafting of contracts and negotiate revisions, modifications and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ensure and verify compliance with applicable standards and laws (permits, subcontractors, provisional acceptance and end of contract).
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Initiative & drive
- Demonstrate professional rigor and attention to detail
- Flexibility, proactivity, enthusiasm
- Effective communication
- Problem solving and innovation
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction engineering or other relevant field
- 7 to 10 years experience in the field of construction engineering
- Hold a General Health and Safety on Construction Sites (GHS) training card
- Excellent command of French and English (asset)
- Mastery of the Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of MS Project (asset)
- AutoCAD (asset)