Our client is constantly working to create innovative and exciting experiences for players around the world. To this end, while the company continues to focus on creating strong, narrative individual player titles, it is also placing greater emphasis on online experiences. With the inherent interactivity of online gaming, their worlds will have the chance to flourish both now and in the future. To achieve this, our client is putting in place the teams and tools to support their ambitions.
To be discussed.
- Develop new techniques and new processes in order to solve the challenges of producing innovative video games at the cutting edge of technology;
- Look for an innovative visual and technical point of view, of working with the creative processes;
- Accurately document processes and procedures;
- Work closely with the technical director, correct errors and evaluate new tools;
- Provide technical direction and instructions to other artists or animators.
Experiences & Qualifications:
- College or university diploma in 2D and 3D art and / or any equivalent training
- +6 years and more of experience as a technical artist; or experience as a programmer (strong interest and knowledge of the artistic field)
- At least 1 published AAA title, preferably new generation
- Intermediate to expert knowledge with Houdini
- Intermediate to expert knowledge with Unreal Engine (Blueprints)
- Knowledge / experience of node-based shader systems
- Profiling knowledge (PIX, real time 3d constraints, hardware)
- Knowledge of HLSL (asset)
- Knowledge of scripting / programming language an asset (C ++, Python, C #, .Net, Mel, etc.)
- Knowledge in procedural creation methods
- Basic knowledge of machine learning concepts an asset
- Intermediate to expert knowledge with Maya or Blender
- Strong foundations in mathematics and physics
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
- Show leadership and have a sense of responsibility
- Have a good ability to express your ideas well
- Be focused on achieving superior results
- Be a strong team player
- Have a spirit of analysis and synthesis
- Be able to adapt to changes and work under pressure while respecting agreed deadlines
- Maturity to take and give feedback is expected
Motivation and interests:
- Ambition and passion for video games are essential!
Stéphanie Le Blanc