Our client is currently seeking a Service Manager. The Service Manager will be responsible for managing the sales and delivery of heavy-duty equipment after-market support services (component diagnostics, repair, and replacement). This includes managing all aspects of the service department and the day-to-day activity of foremen, leadmen, service writers, and shop, field, and resident heavy-duty mechanics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing service workflow;
- Enforcing standards, policies, and reporting practices are followed to established standards;
- Development and management of the Service Department budget to meet financial and operational goals;
- Preparing quotes for customer work orders; opening & closing work orders;
- Inspect/operate customer equipment as part of resolving concerns/diagnostics;
- Monitor service revenue and expenses monthly;
- Ensure work is performed according to established safety and industry standards;
- Reviewing employee performance against goals on an ongoing basis.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, employees, and branch personnel at all levels;
- Must be self-motivated in learning and applying new knowledge and skills and is willing to share knowledge with others;
- Must be able to travel to customer worksites, and as required, operate and work on or around heavy equipment;
- Must be proficient in using work-related desktop applications and web-based productivity applications;
- Has the confidence, critical thinking, knowledge, and technical skills to assess and solve customer, business, and personnel problems effectively and efficiently;
- A recent driver’s abstract will be required.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to occupational health and safety;
- 5-7 years’ progressive, combined experience in service, management and business (i.e. journeyperson heavy duty mechanic, combined with 3 years’ management/supervisory experience in the heavy-duty equipment industry;
- Has a solid foundation of knowledge and skill in the operation of a heavy-duty equipment dealership;
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, and achieve work-related objectives and goals;
- Demonstrates a strong customer service orientation, and exercises sound judgment when dealing with customers.
ID – 7867