Located in the Montreal area (Canada), our client develops passenger information and safety products for railway projects such as the Metropolitan Express Network in Canada and the Grand Paris Express in France. Working for our client means participating in the development of innovative products in a stimulating multidisciplinary environment.
Description and main mission
Under the responsibility of the design authority, the candidate will participate in the design and development of new functionalities for the “Traveller Information System” product.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Define the software architecture of web client/server applications in collaboration with the software development team;
- Write technical and software requirements documents;
- Plan 3 to 4 week sprints;
- Create development tasks;
- Supervise the work of the developers;
- Ensure compliance with company development practices during code reviews;
- Support new developers;
- Participate in development;
- Hold daily scrums.
- You will ensure and guarantee the design and development of software that meets the technical requirements and customer specifications. You will provide technical support/expertise in all activities related to software development.
Education and experience required
- University degree in computer science, software engineering or computer engineering;
- More than 10 years of experience in application design and development.
Skills and techniques required
- Mastery of analysis methods and languages such as UML;
- Mastery of software architecture;
- Configuration management with Git;
- Automated testing strategies;
- Mastery of networking aspects (TCP/IP, VLAN);
- Development environment : Linux and Windows.
- Experience with JIRA;
- Experience with Enterprise Architect;
- Experience with Linux image generation with Buildroot;
- Experience with various protocols and notations: RESTful, OpenAPI, SOAP, WSDL, gRPC, protobuf;
- Knowledge of virtualization under Docker;
- Knowledge of cyber security constraints.
- Human skills required
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Writing skills;
- Demonstrates leadership skills;
ID – 7922
Recruitment Consultant - IT