Our client is a true global company with more than 110,000 employees working on all continents. They develop and manufacture 2D/3D inspection and metrology equipment for the Semiconductor industry and their products are used worldwide by the industry market leaders.
Role and Responsibilities:
The candidate will oversee the architecture and maintenance of an automatic build process to ensure the final Software solution is robust and functional in our customers’ production environment. He/she will work with specialists in the field of Software Engineering, Optics, Electromechanics, Robotics, Database, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Vision.
We are looking for a fast learner who likes to push his/her limits and is team oriented. The ideal candidate is passionate about high-tech and large-scale systems. Someone who steps up to do whatever is needed without waiting to be asked.
The candidate will work with SW engineering team and field engineering to ensure that the ongoing development, bug fixes and required official releases are all matched. The candidate will be part of the engineering team that mutually collaborates on software and hardware basis projects. As a part of engineering team, he/she is responsible in understanding of SW development best practices, develop and deploy software solutions to our industrial hardware solutions that will be delivered to our customers. The candidate will also support and improve existing solutions. He/she contributes to the development of new features, firmware, drivers and automation software tools for the different components of the system.
The engineer will interact with the AI team, software team, hardware team, QA, field application engineering team and project manager.
The main responsibilities based on his/her abilities and interests will be:
- Control all applied software development environments and configurations that are essential for all tools.
- Work and collaborate closely with SW developers, QA and field engineers to make sure the released SW products fulfill the customers’ requirements.
- Schedule and plan periodic code freezes, official software releases and hotfix releases upon demands and requests
- Prepare and write release notes following each official software releases
- Design and code large code bases targeting systems of mixed hardware and software with intuitive interactive software user controls and with the management of persistent data stores.
- Understanding performance of the equipment including electrical, optical and mechanical components and optimize our solution performance.
- Participate in design and code reviews and communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Produce documentation used in solution proposal, detailed design and solution utilization.
- Performs software engineering within the agile process established for the projects.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of these processes.
- Troubleshoot issues and work with hardware, software and system engineers to identify the root cause
- Help investigate and collect information to resolve process or design issues found in the codebase.
- Identify software performance improvements through test driven development, automated unit testing, and comprehensive integration testing.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Computer Eng., Electronic engineering Electrical engineering or related fields is required. Master’s degree and/or a PhD is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in programming languages such as C/C++ (MS Visual studio, Borland builder (preferable)), STL C++ library, features of mathematics focused software, windows dll, services, API development or similar software engineering systems level experience on PC.
- Good organizational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize, and track many activities.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating projects, new code branches and merging codes in GIT.
- At least 2 years of experience in creating build scripts, automated builds and continuous integrations.
- At least 5 years of experience in GIT admin, managing source code repositories, build agent and similar environments.
- Prior experience delivering production quality software, on Embedded Systems.
- Experience of Issue tracking systems such as Phabricator, Redmine and Jira.
- Ability to read specifications and write efficient C/C++ code adhering to the product specifications.
- Expert with using GIT, Jenkins, Phabricator, JIRA.
- Good analytical skills and attention to details.
- Problem solving and optimization ability.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high expectations.
- Skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Great team player and positive personality.
- Good to communicate efficiently and clearly.
- Pro-active and result driven.
- Organized and rigorous.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted
Associée / Consultante sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 202