Under the supervision of the President and in collaboration with the Purchasing and Logistics team, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and coordinating supply-related orders on a daily basis, while ensuring that they are carried out accurately and in accordance with current internal and external policies.
Key Operational Responsibilities
- In charge of the purchasing team, shipping, receiving of production inputs and planning of components used for customer orders ;
- Thorough knowledge of ERP/MRP principles and materials management.
- Responds to production requests (production and purchase orders) and schedule changes (rescheduling reports) in a consistent and regular manner ;
- Accountable for inventory accuracy and minimum component, raw material and purchased part levels through cyclical counting and regular system maintenance ;
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining acceptable inventory levels (towers);
- Provides leadership in purchasing activities, such as strategic negotiation of government contracts;
- Take direct responsibility for aspects of large or strategic supplier contracts;
- Contributes with the quality management team to supplier qualification and external audits;
- Ensures the accuracy of on-time deliveries, shipping quantities and marking/labeling;
- Produces daily, weekly, monthly reports (inventory, supplier evaluation, delivery ratings, etc.).
Key Management Responsibilities
- Directly supervises a team of 5 to 6 people. Responsible for performance evaluations, training and coaching of team members;
- Plans work assignments and ensures that objectives are well understood;
- Participates in job interviews for his team in collaboration with HR;
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment.
- Maintains positive employee relations; seeks advice from resources as required
- BBA in administration, accounting or operations management, or relevant experience
- At least five (5) years experience in a manufacturing environment and in inventory control, purchasing and management accounting
- High skills with ERP, transactional and reporting systems
- Good understanding of production processes and material flows
- Good knowledge of international transport (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.) and customs
- Experience as manager/supervisor of a team of 3 to 5 employees is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken, in French and English
- Positive influence for effective team management: motivate, train, bring together
- Excellent interpersonal skills: employees, colleagues, management team, suppliers
- Organization, excellent priority management
- Ability to analyze and synthesize, meticulous
- Problem solving and decision making
514-658-5867, ext 203