The Supply Manager is responsible for developing strategies to improve the availability and quality of inventory in the various warehouses. He/she is responsible for achieving product availability, return on investment and inventory flow objectives to support seasonality. He/she is responsible for managing inventory requirements for each season, aligned with established forecasts and marketing strategies.
- Manage and coach a diverse team of buyers, distributors, analysts and procurement process specialists to achieve strategic objectives and foster their professional development;
- Establish priorities for the procurement team and provide leadership in implementing initiatives and finding solutions;
- Present a monthly inventory governance review to the Sales and Operations Plan (S&OP) Committee. Provide influence to the committee to ensure strategies are implemented;
- Play a key role in the improvement of our business processes and purchasing systems (SAP-MM). Actively participate in the implementation of a collaboration platform with our suppliers (such as SAP Business Network), as part of the digital integration with our suppliers.
- Ensure that procurement and inventory management strategies and decisions are aligned with growth and marketing strategies;
- Ensure replenishment management taking into account the receiving, storage and growth capabilities of each warehouse;
- Monitor inventory level performance against established budgets and propose actions to improve performance;
- Collaborate with all departments (sales, operations, merchandising, finance, etc.) to ensure the proper execution of manufacturing programs and educate the team on merchandising strategies;
- Actively participate in maintaining good relationships with manufacturers;
- Implement tools and indicators that will allow the procurement and merchandising teams to monitor the performance of their strategies (KVIs, margins, turns, etc.).
- Technical background: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management profile, combined with 10 years of experience in inventory management in a similar environment (distribution, retail, etc.) with high seasonality. In addition to having a good knowledge of supply management software (experience with SAP-MM and supplier collaboration platform such as SAP Business Network), you have a strong understanding of inventory management principles: safety stocks, economic order quantities (EOQ), inventory rotation, etc;
- Leadership: you have a talent for mobilizing your employees and other collaborators to achieve the objectives set. You favour a participative management within your team and are an ace at coaching. You have the ability to influence and guide the various stakeholders towards the right decisions;
- Strategic vision: you have a very good business sense and you are able to put in place optimal and achievable action plans and procurement strategies. Your global vision and knowledge allow you to implement procedures that will contribute to the achievement of business objectives;
- Analytical skills: you have the ability to analyze data and establish a diagnosis based on forecasted or observed results. You are able to make accurate recommendations and develop a solid action plan to optimize inventory levels;
- Sense of priorities: you are able to adapt to changes and business needs. With strong planning and organizational skills, you are able to make informed decisions based on priorities, but also to make quick decisions based on urgent needs that may arise;
- Communication skills: you have excellent presentation and communication skills in both French and English.
ID – 7945
Recruitment Consultant - industrial and engineering