We are currently looking for a building mechanic technician.
Nature of the position:
Working directly with project managers and designers, you will participate in the design, implementation and monitoring of energy efficient solutions in institutional, commercial, municipal and industrial buildings. As a member of a project team, you will work closely with other members of the design department as well as with the drafting, automation, construction and project monitoring departments.
You will be involved in all phases of various turnkey energy efficiency projects in an integrated team environment. As such, your main tasks will be:
- Perform detailed energy surveys and audits of buildings;
- Carry out energy simulations and calculations of energy and monetary savings;
- Estimate the cost of implementing energy-efficient solutions;
- Develop plans and specifications under the supervision of an engineer;
- Participate in project management processes;
- Participate in the procurement process for equipment and labour (calls for tenders, purchase orders, coordination, etc.);
- Write technical reports;
- Solve problems on site in support of the construction department;
- Participate in project performance measurement and verification activities in support of the post-implementation monitoring department.
- College diploma in building mechanical technology or equivalent;
- 1 to 5 years of relevant experience in building mechanics, preferably with an energy services company (ESCO) or consulting engineering firm;
- Good knowledge of codes and standards applicable to buildings (Quebec Construction Code, CSA standards, NFPA standards, etc.);
- Fluency in written and spoken French;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is an asset;
- Availability for short trips in Quebec, Canada and the United States.
Salary and conditions :
Competitive salary and advantageous conditions according to the company’s policy and the candidate’s experience.
Start date: immediately
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 205