The Account Manager will be responsible for effectively developing new business and increasing opportunities with accounts in the area, by developing, maintaining and managing relationships with key contacts. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for providing technical sales expertise and product knowledge during both, new product and after-market sales with the designated accounts.
Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
- Meet Sales Budget with main accounts ;
- Closes all opportunities within the delegated accounts or obtain detailed information on lost opportunities;
- Develop & Execute a Business Plan for the assigned accounts that covers all focused market segments, product technologies & services;
- Conduct professional sales presentations to all levels of contacts with key accounts;
- Co-ordinate the use of support business functions to help service our customer;
- Manage complex projects involving various product technologies, while ensuring selected products and systems are appropriate for customer applications;
- Review detailed commercial contracts;
- Provide technical and maintenance support, including technical problem solving on-site;
- Assure that all of the companies resources are fully utilized in optimizing the accounts operations;;
- Offers highly specialized, technical expertise in the company’s products and their applications
- Provide market analysis and competitor feedback to management;
- Meet all KPI’s relative to the Professional Development Plan;
- Work consistent within the values of the company & their safety Requirements;
- Regular Travel, possibly including remote sites (by car);
- Training throughout Canada and USA and the globe may be required.
- Sales Budget
- Accounts revenue growth
- Professional Development Plan
- Values of the company
Health & Safety :
- Able to work in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves and others
- Able to demonstrate compliance to company safety procedures and legal obligations
- Recognise and report and resolve hazards identified
- Confidence and ability to intervene on practices deemed to be unsafe
- Engage and promote a zero harm culture
- Be aware of physical limitations based upon job requirements
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
The details described here are representative of those that are encountered by or must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science OR equivalent technical discipline with a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant technical sales / account management experience OR a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET / AScT) diploma with a minimum of 10 years of relevant technical sales experience. Prior supervisory experience would be considered an asset. Candidates with equivalent education and/or experience may also be considered.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Proficient in reading, writing and speaking in English language.
Above average numerical skills to understand, interpret and troubleshoot complex engineering problems and commercial aspects of product sales and marketing. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve complex practical problems and make independent decisions under minimal supervision. Ability to lead, teach and mentor less experienced colleagues. Ability to apply technical knowledge understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The incumbent should have knowledge of the following software: Microsoft Windows / Office. Experience or exposure to ERP software or engineering design software is considered an asset.
The employee must be able to sit, stand, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Up to 50% travel required for this role.
Environment may vary from moderate (office/warehouse/light traffic environment) to loud (customer sites, manufacturing, mining equipment). Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required during customer/project site visits.
Associé principal / Consultant sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 201