Our client, a leading ore producer, with a pipeline of development and exploration projects mainly in Canada, but also worldwide, is looking for a Global Supply Chain Director.
The Director, Global Supply Chain will develop, articulate, execute and maintain a Supply Chain strategy addressing customer needs, optimizing footprint, deliverables and dependencies and optimizing cost and asset performance. The incumbent will identify process gaps and inefficiencies, establish and implement best practices that ensure continuous supply of product balanced against inventory levels and transportation costs to obtain the maximum value out of our global Supply Chain. The incumbent will drive the supplier relationship activity to ensure continuous quality and delivery of supply to meet business demands and operations’ needs. The incumbent will develop innovative solutions that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovativeness to deliver exceptional Supply Chain performance.
Lead the development and implementation of a global Supply Chain strategy in line with the company objectives:
- Establish an effective Supply Chain operational model and a multi-year roadmap of strategic initiatives to build capabilities that support global, regional and site level objectives;
- Lead competitive analyses and benchmarking, exploring new industry leading methodologies to drive Supply Chain innovation and transform and support global operations strategy;
- Establish procurement strategies by product category and develop and maintain purchasing policies and procedures with operations worldwide;
- Develop and implement strategies to leverage optimum prices, including sourcing strategies to low cost countries and/or offset countries;
- Develop material budget in support of the Company’s goal and objectives. Plan and achieve savings to the budget;
- Manage supplier risk through corporate procedures and local needs; conduct and control supplier negotiations including price and terms and conditions;
- Review and oversee Supply Agreements and contracts with vendors and partners; responsible for implementing supplier quality policy and processes consistent with industry standards;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers to assure the needs of the business can be met. Ensure those relationships comply with industry leading and global standards of ethical conduct and adherence to the company’s Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, values, principles and policies;
- Develop and implement cash flow maximization strategies;
- Monitor core supply chain performance, including delivery, cost and quality and implement corrective/preventative action were necessary;
- Identifying medium and long-term changes in the market; remain current on new industry-based trends, Supply Chain best practices and applications.
Provide leadership to the operation’s team in global Supply Chain management:
- Provide leadership to a global team in developing global service offerings, Supply Chain solutions and establish service partnerships that add value;
- Partner with the sites and other stakeholders to develop, implement and optimize a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), policies and practices to create an integrated operational plan that supports the businesses;
- Develop and implement systems, including appropriate use of third party resources, to analyze global transportation and drive efficiencies;
- Coordinate the monthly Global Supply Chain Committee meeting; prepare agenda for discussion and develop action plans;
- Analyze related site functions (i.e., Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution) to identify potential synergies and develop and present proposals to realize benefits;
- Partner with Project Development to establish the Supply Chain structure, processes and templates for managing new projects;
- Implement company-wide initiatives within the Supply Chain including lean manufacturing and continuous improvement;
- Implement Company Supply Chain strategies worldwide;
- Lead and implement special projects as defined by leadership.
Provide leadership to the Supply Chain team:
- Build an appropriate team through recruitment and development;
- Ensure the necessary workforce and equipment is in place to meet production goals, within budgeted costs;
- Manage performance by setting performance expectations, conduct performance reviews and provide feedback and coaching to direct reports;
- Build the capabilities of the team to enhance the operations and sites’ ability to achieve financial and operating strategy; hire talent appropriately, leverage the talents of the group and take corrective action where necessary;
- Ensure there is a comprehensive and effective succession management strategy in place for the function; identify succession role requirements and high potential talent and actively develop key talent;
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operation Management, Supply Chain Management or a related field;
- Experience in procurement, operations management, or sourcing;
- Practitioner knowledge in Supply Chain concepts and practices, including application;
- Professional accreditation is an asset;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain/operations or Master’s degree plus 8 years of experience in Supply Chain/operations preferred.
Additional qualifications – competency requirements:
- Knowledge of international markets;
- Exceptional negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to build effective relationships with direct reports, senior leaders, and internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to impact/influence the Executive Leadership Team and Board in communicating the Supply Chain mandate;
- Mastery of both official languages (French and English).
Regular office working conditions and hours; travel (up to 15-20%) to operations is required.
Associé principal / Consultant sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 201